Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Second blow-out in a few weeks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Second blow-out in a few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi,

This morning the rear tire of my WR250X was ..again... without any air. It's not really a blow-out. It's like a slow leak. It's the second time that this situation occurs. The first time, the rear tire was okay. My dealer changed the tube. I don't remember where i was riding the first time. But yesterday, i was riding on a few gravel roads and some forest roads. I'm not riding the WR in a more aggressive manner than my old KLR650. But maybe more than with my old V-Strom 1000.

Anyone have some clues about this situation? Should i put rim lock or an heavy-duty tube will prevent this situation to occur again?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:55 pm

Can't imagine you'd need a rim lock on any kind of tire that's more street oriented.

What tires you got?

I would inspect the inside of the tire for anything sharp.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Pistonman

PostSubject: Re: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:14 pm

I just replaced my stock tires, with only 1500 miles on them.
The rear is THIN in the center.
Maybe it is time for new tires.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:42 pm

I have around 2 000 miles with the stock tires. I'll check the valve. The first time that i had to replace the tube, the inside of the tire was fine. I have 2/32 of tire wear at the very center of the rear tire. For sure i will replace the tires with something else than the BT090. I would take Shinko 705 or Avon Distanzia. I know that Shinko is less expensive. But i loved the Distanzia on my V-Strom 1000.

Thanks for your reply.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:59 pm

I ran the shit out of the stock tires. Gravel, mud, dirt and asphalt.

No issues at all. Many others have had the same results as me. While stock tires may not be superb in terms of what each of us want,
they are not prone to eating tubes and/or valve stems from relatively normal use.

I don't think you can blame the leaks on the stock tires alone.

Distanzias are freakin awesome.

thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:54 pm

When you take the tube out lay it on top of the tire without flipping it around and air it up to see exactly where the leak is
All it takes is some debris in the tire or a tiny staple that you can't see or something
Maybe you just got bad luck, that happens
Back to top Go down
eflyersteve

PostSubject: Re: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:42 am

I had three flats on my stock tires within the first month of ownership. Mostly dirt road and asphalt. They were two pinch flats and one puncture. I've since replaced my stock tires with Shinko 705s and went tubeless (so that I could plug if needed) and have had no problems in appx 700 miles.

Not saying it was the stock tires though.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 10:11 am

Where was the hole on the tube? Id starting looking there and wherever it is in contact with the rim and tire. Doesn't take much to put a pinhole in a tube, hd or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 pm

There was a very tiny little hole, like a needle. It's almost impossible to see. That explains the slow leak. Now, i have two brand new Distanzias. Went to some gravel road. Loved the feeling. With the light weight of the WR250 compared to my old V-Strom 1000 with Distanzias too, i'll have more fun than with the original tires.

Thanks guy for your comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second blow-out in a few weeks   Second blow-out in a few weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

Second blow-out in a few weeks
Page 1 of 1