Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmy2020

i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket Empty
PostSubject: i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket   i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:27 pm

any suggestions on a make and also a good place to purchase.
I prefer a sprocket with some durability.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket   i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:04 am

Jimmy,

Take a few minutes to look over the Sprockets/Chains forum:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/f27-sprockets-and-chains

For durability, most folks choose steel rather than aluminum. Holler back if you have specific questions.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket   i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:26 am

The Primary Drive brand of chains and sprockets are a good solid chain at very reasonable price. You can get them at Rocky Mountain ATV.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/vehicleSelectProd.do?prevVehicleType=12&prevMake=8&prevModel=4611&keyword=&vehicleTypeId=12&make=8&model=4611&applyFilter=Change+Vehicle&year=2008&navTitle=Drive&navType=type&webCatId=9&webTypeId=36&prodFamilyId=2082&stockId=&listingId=&uri=%2FproductDetail.do

When I replace my cahin I am thinking of getting a 47 tooth rear sprocket. And both a 13 tooth and 14 tooth front sprocket. This will let me have lower gearing off road with the 13 t front. But I can have close to stock gearing with teh 14t front on there for long hiwghway miles. Plus , I read in here somewhere the larger sprocket set up should allow you to avoid damage to the the swing arm and slider that some folks have been experiencing. You will need a longer chain with the larger sprocket. I think maybe 112 link instead of 108 link that is stock. I will need to make sure that 112 is ok for both the front sprockets though. Ifr anyone has tried this set up I would appreciate a post to let us know how it has worked out.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket   i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 10:47 am

I replaced mine with JT's. Excellent sprockets and wear very well. thumb

PostSubject: Re: i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket   i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket Empty

Back to top Go down

i'm ready to purchase a new rear sprocket
Page 1 of 1