Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hey guys, i could use some help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jakedivine_05

Hey guys, i could use some help Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys, i could use some help   Hey guys, i could use some help EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:36 am

Rode the WR250x into town and filled up with non ethanol premium, as i always do. started the bike, ran for a couple of seconds and died. Cranked on it again for a few seconds and it finally fired up and i rode 3 miles across town and parked it for an hour in the evening. Went back out to leave ,bike started for a couple of seconds and the died. could not get it to start again. Loaded it up and hauled it over to the dealer the next day.

They could not get the bike to start, it would crank but not fire. So we put in a new spark plug (even though the original spark plug looked fine) and the bike fired right up. turned it off and i then started it right up and took it for a test ride, bike ran flawlessly. Parked back at the dealership, turned the bike back off, turned the key back on and it fired right up again perfectly. loaded it up and took it back home.

Sat in the back of the pickup all afternoon, this evening i unloaded it and same thing, crank and crank and crank but will not fire. When i turn the key on now you can not hear the fuel system charging. battery has plenty of power to start i just dont think it is getting any fuel. I loaded it back up and will be taking it back to the dealer again tomorrow to let them dig into it deeper

The bike is a new 2008 and i bought it in April of this year and only have 430 miles on it so far. I tink it is pretty ridiculous that im having problems and being left stranded already. The only mods i have done is a yoshimura slip on. Help me out here guys if you have had similar problems and what you did to remedy it.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, i could use some help   Hey guys, i could use some help EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:49 am

2008 huh???????????? eeek

1) battery - check it

2) drain fuel tank - put in new fuel from different gas station

(what's this about non-ethanol premium???? where do you live? What brand of gas?)

3) 2008 you say............ hide

4) what's your airbox look like? Clean? Empty of debris? No mouse nests?

5) I hope you have bad gas.......but it could be the dreaded fuel pump........
(can you hear the fuel pump priming when you first turn the key on?)

6) Others have found bad connections (shorting wires) in the "kill switch" area as well as kick stand safety switch (have you or somebody else fiddled with that).

Since your problem seems to have started with the gas fill up.....my first trouble shooting step would be the gas. Drain tank. Every drop. Get new gas from a new station that sells gas you know is of high quality. New spark plug.
Make sure battery is strong. Go from there and see what happens.

Look around this forum. There's numerous threads on "my bike won't start/run - help"

and look here - click me

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, i could use some help   Hey guys, i could use some help EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:31 am

I'm hoping you are on good terms with your dealer. Get the email address for the service guy and send him the link motokid provided on the fuel pump thread, just in case. What is the build date on the bike? Good luck and keep us posted.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, i could use some help   Hey guys, i could use some help Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey guys, i could use some help
Page 1 of 1