Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

true story

Go down 
+2
pbnut
motokid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

true story Empty
PostSubject: true story   true story EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:09 am

So yesterday evening I'm riding home just before dusk. It's still about 85+ degrees out and I'm squiding, as I had just been working out and was sweating inside in the a/c. I had on shorts, t-shirt and sneakers plus my helmet and shorty gloves. I was in no hurry and certainly not riding hard as I was totally unprotected from the head down. (keep the atgatt flaming to yourself please)

I'm sitting in the left turn lane at a stop light with a car behind me. Just before the light turns green for me I notice motion in my peripheral vision and look over quick to see a white sport-bike gliding up beside me. He'd split lanes to get there.

The light turns and I have my left turn arrow.

Again, I'm not dressed to do anything remotely close to hard riding.
I do however have the inside line and I KNOW this guy is going to "show me" his sportbike.
I gas it good and hold a very tight line so as not to "push him" outside if he's not giving me room.

HOLY SHIT - it was a white Yamaha R6 with aftermarket pipe and he truly sucked my headlight right out of my bike.

I smiled. That's why I sold my R1. I was enjoying my ride home at 40 mph.

Here's the funny part.

Since he was going at least 80mph or more (he was not wearing much more than I was) he made it through the next light whereas I got caught by it.

After the light changed I crested a slight hill, and there was that guy sitting on the shoulder of the road. He was waiting for me.

As I got closer he pulled into the lane and waited for me so he could ride right by my side. BOY was he checking out my little white X.

We rode like that for a good mile or two before he waved, gave me a thumbs up, then lit the afterburners and rocketed off down the road.

The way he was checking out my X - I just have to wonder if he was thinking he might have bought the wrong bike.

Very happy

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

true story Empty
PostSubject: Re: true story   true story EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:23 am

thumb
Back to top Go down
MrGreenjeans

true story Empty
PostSubject: Re: true story   true story EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 am

Good Stuff, Motokid. Way to represent!
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

true story Empty
PostSubject: Re: true story   true story EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:25 am

Nice!

Most of the sportbike guys around here are kinda pussies. So being the immature hooligan that I am, I like to loft big stoppies when they are around ...... just cause I can. :)

Few weeks ago I had some douch on a big hardly blast past me just to prove that his 5,000 cubic inch chrome penis extension was faster than the little 250 WR. At the next light I rolled a big stoppie right in front of him. He quieted right down after that. Apparently stretched choppers can't stoppie? poser2
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

true story Empty
PostSubject: Re: true story   true story EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:20 am

CDNSXV wrote:
Nice!

Most of the sportbike guys around here are kinda pussies. So being the immature hooligan that I am, I like to loft big stoppies when they are around ...... just cause I can. :)

Few weeks ago I had some douch on a big hardly blast past me just to prove that his 5,000 cubic inch chrome penis extension was faster than the little 250 WR. At the next light I rolled a big stoppie right in front of him. He quieted right down after that. Apparently stretched choppers can't stoppie? poser2

cheers

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

true story Empty
PostSubject: Re: true story   true story EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:37 pm

true story Motiva10
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

true story Empty
PostSubject: Re: true story   true story EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:33 pm

What do sportbike guys try to proof? Hey, I'm faster than a 250. Woo. Great job.
Of course their bike is faster. dunno
When I was riding a 50cc scooter to work for a while, sportbike guys were very close blasting by me, almost cutting me off. WTF scratch

I guess I'll never get it.

It's like a Corvette driver wants to race a Jeep Wrangler.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

true story Empty
PostSubject: Re: true story   true story EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 5:32 pm

true story P1020383

Probably a better poster pic for balls and supermoto's..... Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content