Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sad, but true

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shep

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:56 pm

In order to dissolve a partnership, I just sold my recently acquired and nicely appointed WR X/R. I have bought and sold dozens of bikes in my 44 years of riding. I've regretted a few, but in most cases I was ready to move on. For example, my GS is going and being replaced with a Tiger 800. I'm happy about that, but the WR thing...not happy!

I had never even gotten around to mounting the dirt wheels. What I discovered was that I really enjoyed riding the bike as an "X." When I had limited time to ride, it was the perfect bike to hop on and roam the local roads.

I know my wife will think I'm crazy, but the minute I get past this partnership/business dissolution, I'm going to start looking for another X! I kept some of the parts for that very reason. Well, just wanted to say...I'll be back!

Shep
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Not to add insult to injury but with all those accessories, you gave that bike away too. Here's to hoping you get another one in the not to distant future. Although, I have a feeling you'll be more than happy with the new Tiger. thumb
Back to top Go down
shep

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:08 pm

You are right; I did. I knew it too, but to be frank, I did it in a moment of anger. It is a long story that does not need to be played out here, but it involved a situation that needed an immediate resolution and I did not want to spend my cash to do it, so I took the easy way out, made a quick sale on the bike and now its done. Actually, the bike is still sitting in my garage waiting to be shipped out. That makes it even worse!

Ah well, live and learn. Of course at 50 I should have known better than to get into the partnership I got into. Next time I won't buy saddlebags or dirt wheels though; I will be using mine on the street.

Shep
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 pm

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. No explanation needed. Hope it all works out for you!
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:55 am

It was a mob deal huh???? right??? You dont gotta say it, just post the popcorn avatar if it was a Mob deal. lurk
Back to top Go down
shep

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:02 am

Well, it was "in the family," so to speak. lurk

Shep
Back to top Go down
josh

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:46 am

shep wrote:
Well, it was "in the family," so to speak. lurk

Shep

If it makes you feel a little better, I almost lost my home , investment properties and SANITY to a partnership with my best friend. To make the situation far worse my wife was being treated for breast cancer at the same time. She doing great (thank g-d), the partner is gone and the business is doing very well. But as a result I sold my all time favorite bike....Gold 1988 BMW K75. That bike gave me great comfort during this terrible time. When my wife was in the hospital, I road the K through some of the most beautiful parts of Seattle to get to the hospital. It helped clear my head.

Now, I am cautiously optimistic and it's time to get back some of what I lost. I have a Blue 1987 BMW K75 being customized by Specialks.net. This photo is a before picture...not bad wink . You made a emotional decission and that's what happens. And, you made someone else very happy with the sale of that beautiful and thoughtfully modded WR. I saw your ad on ADV and thought.... WOW. But as you stated you know what your doing. You do have some very nice toys (love the TRIPLE). As I stated, I would have sold everything accept the WR for simplicity sake and get the 800 later...when things calm down. It appears money is not the real issue here but rather your ego has been bruised. Mine as well. I kept asking myself how I could be so stupid and place my family at such risk . Shame on me for trusting my partner/bestfriend so much without verfying. There are alot of posers around. They diguise themselves as a friend or family..... very tricky. These days, a lot of folks are asking themselves similar questions .....but they lost everything.

Man up and go get yourself another X when the time is right. I love my X...... Ride safe and ride often. freaky

Sad, but true 033

Sad, but true 100721114203_p1015646
Back to top Go down
shep

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks for the thoughts. It's really not a big deal at this point. As you said, it was an emotional decision. The 800 is not going to cost me any cash so its easy to do and it fits with my daily riding style. The WR is just a really fun bike. I knew it would sell quick and I priced it accordingly. You are right, finance was not really the issue, as I just sold a busines I had grown over the past several years. It was more about, "I want this situation out of my life today!" So I made it happen. I'm expecting another business payment before long. When it comes in I will buy another X and my anger will have cost me about a grand. In the end, it's all good.

Sheep
Back to top Go down
josh

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Amen brother.
Back to top Go down
shep

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Here is a bit of irony for you: I had totally forgotten that I was getting a $5,000 bonus on the day job next week! I could have kept the bike and used that money to bail from my partnership! baldy . Okay, enough complaining; let's turn this into a WR thread. It is comical that I have two of the most sought after bikes currently being sold ( BMW 1200GS and Street Triple R) and I am lamenting the sale of the WR! Just think, those GS bikes go for $18-20k; I bought my WR used for barely over $3k. Talk about bang for the buck!

Sold the BMW by the way and my Tiger will be here in 10 days. WR to follow!

Shep
Back to top Go down
josh

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Unbelievable.....and poetic, sorta. Boy, those emotional choices are a bitch sometimes. I think your wife who lovingly bought you the Triple (I think my wife got me a wrong sized shirt last year) should have sat you down and say ok honey breathe....Well you got 800 coming...sweet and I'm sure you'll find another WR shortly......lotta good used bikes out there. Thanks for sharing your sadness but as my wife said to me long ago sporting a bald head and a huge smile.....everything works out. Thankfully, she was right. 8-)
Back to top Go down
shep

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Indeed, I have a very level headed wife. She is very supportive of my habits, especially since she does not even ride. I offered to give her the bonus. She deserves it. Not only that, but at 46, she is way too beautiful for me! Actually, she did try to stop me, but I'm the kind of guy who almost never gets angry, so when I do, I stop listening. Oh well. Actually, I already found a very nice 08 X with even less miles than mine in the right price range. That doesn't mean I'm buying it...but you never know.

My sweet wife:

Sad, but true 2002_0705_190242

So that She Wolf and the mods don't feel like I'm taking up space on non-WR related material, I don't think I ever posted a photo of my fine WR on this site, so here it is:

Sad, but true SAM_0070-1

Okay, I'm done now,

Shep
Back to top Go down
josh

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:14 pm

PERFECT!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Are you 50 or 44?
Back to top Go down
shep

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:54 pm

I will turn 51 in a month. I have been riding since I was about 6 or 7 (that's where the 44 came from), obviously dirt bikes until I turned 16, when I bought my first street bike...a Suzuki 250 dual sport bike of sorts. I've been riding ever since. I've owned a lot of cool bikes and some not so cool. I had a Gold Wing when I was in my 20s and have progressively gone the opposite direction ever since...sort of like Benjamin Button!

Shep

Shep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sad, but true Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad, but true   Sad, but true Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad, but true
Page 1 of 1