Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Blown Fork Seal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kbike

kbike

Blown Fork Seal Empty
PostSubject: Blown Fork Seal   Blown Fork Seal EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 am

The day after a dirt ride to check out my new sprockets, I found a large puddle of oil under my left fork,
not a good sign. I did try the film trick of running around the lip of the seal to remove any stuck foreign matter.
It seemed like it might of worked, but later in the day more oil was running down the fork tube.

I ordered new Tusk seals from Rocky Mtn ATV and installed one Friday. Yes only one, because 1. I'm lazy, and 2. the oil was fairly fresh and I hate to screw up something that is working just fine. A trail ride yesterday was great and no leaking.

Seal replacement is fairly easy, and a seal driver would make it really easy. My plan was to take pictures, but I only remember to after I finish the step I want to photograph, and if I do remember, my hands are covered in oil. I did manage to take one of the order of the seals and spacers, something I always forget after I take stuff apart.

Blown Fork Seal SANY0070-M
Back to top Go down

Blown Fork Seal
Page 1 of 1