Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front Fork Seals blown

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ejtv

Front Fork Seals blown Empty
PostSubject: Front Fork Seals blown   Front Fork Seals blown EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:17 am

Anybody else have this problem? I own two WR's. Front seals blown every 500 miles of tough trails. I'm on my third replacement. Dealer says this is a known problem with WR's. Friend with KTM rode same trails, front forks OK.

Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: Front Fork Seals blown   Front Fork Seals blown EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 am

check/replace dust seals and very carefully check fork legs for damage. only reason to go through fork seals like that is abuse or pre-existing damage. i would not be surprised to find stone chips in the chrome leg thats slicing the seal apart.
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Front Fork Seals blown   Front Fork Seals blown EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:33 am

First time I thought my fork seals were blown(leaking really bad) they actually just needed to be cleaned properly, although damage to the forks could be the source/cause of the problem.

I've posed several times about this. My forks and seals look just as good as the day I bought the bike, 16,000 miles later.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3125-fork-jobs

Also make sure you equalize the air in fork by the bleeder screw on top of your forks before every ride, and you really should do it at the elevation you will be riding in! If this is not done before every ride the pressure in your forks will build up and help push out oil and possibly blow your seal, while also effecting your how suspension behaves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Fork Seals blown   Front Fork Seals blown Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Fork Seals blown
Page 1 of 1