Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stock Pipe.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:32 am

Anyway you can make it nice & loud?
Taking note that the end cap is spot welded on...
Any Ideas?

Cheers,
Luke.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:44 am

Take a grinder, crack off those spot welds, pull out that spark arrestor and get rid of that garden hose for a pipe in there. Reweld the end cap back on and woo! Or you could do like the rest of us and buy a slip-on and a tuner. wink

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:01 pm

baldy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:21 pm

You're gonna give yourself a headache doin' that... eeek Krabill has this thing for loud pipes.

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Can't get enough of 'em. Straight pipes all the way for me, baby!!!
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptySun May 24, 2009 4:33 am

Anymore info?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:16 am

You could try Shredak. I'm not sure if he's hacked his up yet but I think he was trying to accomplish the same thing and remove the exup altogether while leaving the stock pipe intact.

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptySun May 24, 2009 11:16 pm

Heck yes, the louder the better! It makes my day every time someone tells me my bikes are too loud. I think they are just jealous. There is no way that someone could dislike a nice loud pipe. Two thumbs up. thumb thumb

(That was sarcasm).

Last edited by Chadx on Sun May 31, 2009 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:03 am

Chadx wrote:
Heck yes, the louder the better! It makes my day every time someone tells me my bikes are too loud. I think they are just jealous. There is no way that someone could dislike a nice loud pipe. Two thumbs up. thumb thumb
Well, it's been said before but it needs to be said again.

Loud pipes help to get us booted out of public and private lands. Seeing as you're also hailing from Montana, you might want to look at some of the latest decisions for the Jefferson Division of Lewis and Clark National Forest. More area closures now in effect. Primary reason: complaints from other users about unnecessary noise when encountering m/c riders.

It could be a topic in itself. But I think it's accurate to say we're losing access to land every year, not gaining more.

Personally, I don't care how loud people get on a gazetted public road: that's between them and the cops. And I still love the sound of a pack of two strokes coming off the line at the start of a motocross race. But loud noises in public lands and ripping up the countryside are two of the main reasons we're losing so much access. And so far, we've lost some truly great places to ride.
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:53 am

Jäger wrote:
Chadx wrote:
Well, it's been said before but it needs to be said again.

Loud pipes help to get us booted out of public and private lands. Seeing as you're also hailing from Montana, you might want to look at some of the latest decisions for the Jefferson Division of Lewis and Clark National Forest. More area closures now in effect. Primary reason: complaints from other users about unnecessary noise when encountering m/c riders.

It could be a topic in itself. But I think it's accurate to say we're losing access to land every year, not gaining more.

Personally, I don't care how loud people get on a gazetted public road: that's between them and the cops. And I still love the sound of a pack of two strokes coming off the line at the start of a motocross race. But loud noises in public lands and ripping up the countryside are two of the main reasons we're losing so much access. And so far, we've lost some truly great places to ride.

Jager, We have that same problem here in Australia.

Beyond that There are 2 reasons I want my pipe louder.
One is the sound of a nice note coming out as all w/c riders want.
& the other main reason is I do 70-80 kilometers a day on my bike traveling to & from work. A loud pipe = stupid driver hearing you on your bike. I've only been road riding for 6 odd months & have nearly been cleaned up 10-15 times. Hence the wanting of a pipe. The person that tested me for my motor bike license said something to me that I used to never understand.
He said - "Have you ever been driving down the highway and had a GSX-R with a loud exhaust come hauling arse through 3-4 cars then just cruising with the flow of traffic beside you?" "The reason for this is he has now got EVERYONES attention. That 3-4-5-6 Cars around him know exactly where he is."
IMO - A loud exhaust could most probally save you atleast once. You will just never know when that once will happen.

Cheers anywho,
Luke.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. EmptySun May 31, 2009 10:15 am

Jäger wrote:
Loud pipes help to get us booted out of public and private lands. Seeing as you're also hailing from Montana, you might want to look at some of the latest decisions for the Jefferson Division of Lewis and Clark National Forest.

Hehe. Jäger, sounds like you might have missed my sarcasm, similar to Krabill's. If you've caught any of my other comments, in other threads, like this one https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/gytr-exhaust-t506.htm my beliefs on this subject are the exact opposite of my satirical post. I couldn't agree with you more about loud pipes causing closing of riding areas and being a general nuisance to other people. I also think the arguement of "being heard" isn't sound. The people that can hear you in a car going down the highway are behind you, not in front of you, which are the ones that are likely to cause you issue swerving into your lane. When I'm driving down the road, even straight-pipe Harley's can't be heard until they are even with my door, in which case it would have been too late if I'd decided to change lanes without looking (which I don't. Just an example). thumb

I just went back and edited my "i like loud pipes" post, labeling it sarcasm. I really don't want anyone to misunderstand and think I actually think that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stock Pipe. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stock Pipe.   Stock Pipe. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stock Pipe.
Page 1 of 1