Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods

Go down 
+20
TKO
Evol
f3joel
sturgeon
A66auto
akHuff
rokka
dtx
bigg
gatorfan
Delta_T
Beauregard
skierd
Coop
josh
Daamud
Jäger
SheWolf
Marylucky
motokid
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods Empty
PostSubject: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:40 am

Here's what we got in store in my area today and tomorrow:

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods Hot10

Not very often we see a predicted high of 102 F in these parts. eeek

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Marylucky

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:29 am

91.5°F here... In Quebec with the humidity factor it's going to feel like 118°F
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:32 am

Supposedly hitting 102 today, and now they've added 102 to tomorrows forecast as well.

Sunday we might cool down into the lower 90's.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:49 am

Well...here it's supposed to be hot at this time of year. We've had nothing but rain, and the odd day of sun. No work for me. Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods 724854 Definitely NOT typical weather for this part.

Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Let's see... it went down to 38 degrees last night and there was new snow on the top of local mountains this morning. It managed to get all the way up to 60 degrees today, and another low of 40 forecast for tonight. Tomorrow it should be up to around 80 with sun, climbing to about 90 by Sunday. A few days ago on the weekend it was sweltering hot on the bikes riding to Going To The Sun. Got stopped at the lineup at the border while bringing my buddies on their Beemer down and sunburned in line after taking my helmet and riding jacket off while waiting.

I'll take it over the heat any day. Although the local fire suppression crews in BC and Montana are worried that if the weather doesn't "improve" there won't be any forest fires to fight and so they won't be able to make that part of their income. From the local paper yesterday:
"According to the National Interagency Fire Center, the potential for wildfire in the Northern Rockies will be below normal in July and August, thanks to a deep snowpack in the mountains.

“If there is no fire, there's no work,” said Steve Gist, owner of Gist Enterprises, LLC, a private contractor based in Whitefish."

There's a history around here of firefighters dropping a match once in a while to help nature when it doesn't cooperate with a few fires. Very few that would do that, but it only takes one out of hundreds. If anyone riding through this area rides through the favorite routes up around Canal Flats - those big burns you're riding through were deliberately set by one wildfire fighter. I don't think he got much for a sentence after getting caught, either, but lots of guys made lots of money before those fires were out.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:28 pm

From my local newspaper:

Quote :
New Castle Airport, the temperature reached 102 degrees at 2:45 p.m., the service said, breaking the previous record of 101 set in 1957.

That's not a heat index number. That's straight temperature. It was quite humid here too.

For the first time in ages I opted for taking the car instead of the motorcycle. eeek

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:02 pm

In my local news-rag today:

Quote :
Above normal temperatures are likely to continue through June across much of the country, national weather experts said today, continuing a trend that in Delaware has confused people, plants and animals alike.

The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration’s spring outlook noted that 2012 will be the first in four years without widespread worries about major flooding -- partly because snow cover fell this winter to its third-lowest level in nearly half a century.

Halfway through March, average state temperatures in Delaware are running at the third-hottest level on record, with the preceding 12 month period already ranked as the hottest since record-keeping began in 1895.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:10 pm

N.E. Wisconsin.

Lows near freezing-----Highs in the mid 60's to 70

Normal highs--- in the 30's.

It was said on the radio.... "Even the lows, were a new high low temp" Suspect :hmmm:

Rode to work this morning. 15 miles at 55mph. Heated grips, moto gloves, Tourmaster coat, MX lid and worn out blue jeans.

Legs got cold, eyes watered a bit...... But the dirt (mud/snow) roads back home after work made up for it bannana
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:44 pm

Snow, Hail, Rain and Sunshine today...... WTF? Love the NW wings
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 3:12 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hey-happened-winter-wimpiness-portends-spring/story?id=15916142#.T2YyctDRL3w

Quote :
The winter of 2011-12 might well earn the title of "the winter that wasn't" in many parts of the United States.

The season has entered the books as the fourth warmest on record for the Lower 48, according to an analysis by the National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.

In January, for instance, daily high-temperature records were broken across the northern Plains. Minot, N.D., posted a 61 degree F. high on Jan. 5, eclipsing the previous record of 58 degrees set in 1906.

Crazy winter this year. Kids here never missed a day of school due to snow. I did not have to shovel snow once.

In my lifetime, I can't recall a warmer, less wintery winter.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 5:00 pm

weather dot com said we hit 102 degrees F today.

eeek

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 5:45 pm

It was HOT is all I know. I went off-road riding and was soaked within an hour and started getting weak/dizzy etc. I am investing in a hydration pack after today.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Quote :
The temperature hit 100 degrees this afternoon in New Castle and Sussex counties, matching record highs, according to data on the National Weather Service website.

The records at New Castle Airport near New Castle and Sussex County Airport near Georgetown were set in 1953.

The normal high for this date is 86 degrees in New Castle County and 87 in Sussex.

An excessive heat warning remains in effect until 6 a.m. Thursday, the weather service said.

I live in New Castle county.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:13 pm

It might as well be fall already here. Mid 50's and raining, though it got as warm as 90 once around late June. By the end of September I'll need to find a car and a place to *gasp* store my WR for the winter... Suspect before it starts dropping below 0 for the daily high anyway.
Back to top Go down
Beauregard

Beauregard

PostSubject: Louisiana   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:00 pm

I can only wish our weather was more like ya'lls. Here in Louisiana it usually dosn't drop below 90 from June to October. August is usually 100's every day. Humidity is always high. At least 60%, but often towards 90%. Just now getting into the 70-80 range. Last winter was a unusually hot one. Don't think it dropped below 32 more than 2 or 3 times.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Getting hammered - possibly <-- clicky

Frankenstorm... baldy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:54 pm

All is good in the Great White North.. afro

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods Weather2
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Still coming. <-- clicky

Fingers crossed for everybody along the east coast.

Quote :
Hurricane Sandy — upgraded again Saturday just hours after forecasters said it had weakened to a tropical storm — was barreling north from the Caribbean and was expected to make landfall early Tuesday near the Delaware coast, then hit two winter weather systems as it moves inland, creating a hybrid monster storm.

Even if Sandy loses strength and makes landfall as something less than a hurricane, the combined storm was expected to bring misery to a huge section of the East. An 800-mile wide swath of the country could see 50 mph winds regardless of Sandy's strength.

Experts said the storm could be wider and stronger than Irene, which caused more than $15 billion in damage, and could rival the worst East Coast storm on record. On Saturday morning, forecasters said hurricane-force winds of 75 mph could be felt 100 miles away from the storm's center.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Great time of the year in Central Florida. 70's and sunny during the day and 50's overnight. Should be like that for about a month. We earned it. The summers are insanely hot and humid down here.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:06 pm

I've had to plug my car in at night all week as its been getting -10 to -15, if not colder, at night. Highs have been around 20. Its gonna get upwards of 60the degrees colder before winters end.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:47 am

Woke up to about 20cm of snow. at the end of october!

it ain't supposed to snow here till mid-end november. supposedly winter comes this early only once every 40 years dunno

hopefully this also means spring (aka riding season wink ) will come early!! Pray
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:11 am

The rain has started here. Worst shit looks like it is now expected to hit central New Jersey.

We're still in the cone of doom though... baldy baldy baldy

Quote :
Hurricane Sandy’s progress slowed and changed slightly early today, but heavy rain and flooding risks remain across Delaware, with northern parts of the state seeing 6 to 8 inches of rain through Tuesday and southern areas receiving 8 to 10 inches.

Warnings continued to call Sandy a dangerous, multi-day, regionwide storm.

National Weather Service forecasts showed sustained winds peaking in the 40 to 50 mph range overnight on Monday for New Castle County, with gusts topping 60 mph but diminishing by Tuesday morning, with 20 to 30 mph sustained winds and higher gusts for the rest of the day.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods 152346W5_NL_sm

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:09 pm

^^^^^ Wiinner!
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:57 am

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods Track

the yellow arrow is where I live. tough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods Empty

Back to top Go down

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next