Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods

Go down 
+20
TKO
Evol
f3joel
sturgeon
A66auto
akHuff
rokka
dtx
bigg
gatorfan
Delta_T
Beauregard
skierd
Coop
josh
Daamud
Jäger
SheWolf
Marylucky
motokid
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sturgeon

sturgeon

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:08 am

motokid wrote:
f3joel wrote:
Rain rain and more rain.
Saw cars floating in the middle of the street this morning.
They launched a boat to get the people out.

Aye...wettest summer on record.
The upside to that, at least here, is that everything's nice and green instead of the usual crispy brown at this time of year. Good canoeing too thumb 
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:14 am

weather.com says it's 2 degrees with wind chill of -21

wind gusts up to 40 mph in some places....

So that's -17 C with wind chill of -29C for those outside the USofA.

Previous record here on this day was 10 degrees in 1942.

For our area - this is about as cold as it gets. Pretty brutal.

Fuckin wind is the worst.......... budah 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 11:29 am

Windchill this morning here was supposedly -46C. Wife said the 25-minute walk to work wasn't bad once she remembered to direct her breath outwards through the scarf rather than up. It was icing up her eyelids. Actual overnight temp was -34C. We're used to cold, but this is starting to get old; we're in the southern part of Canada  Rolling Eyes

But the sun is shining, so I guess it's my turn to go out and shovel another foot of snow out of the driveway.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Well, it's extremely cold as Florida goes. Mid-20's last night. Had to run the pool pump all night to keep the pipes from freezing.

Sunday afternoon was a pleasant 70 degrees though. Stopped for a couple of adult beverages and some football during a long ride on the R2.  dutch  dutch 

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 Img_0422
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 5:27 pm

HA! It's been 10-15 degrees all week and I've been out enjoying my new winter toys!

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 20140101_113335
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:22 am

Great. So it's colder in Delaware than it is in Alaska right now???

7 degrees this morning.

Thank god the wind has died down. That was the killer.

Going back to more normal January temps of 25-35 by end of day tomorrow.

Nice Yamaha's Skierd.  thumb 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Not just Alaska, but interior Alaska, where it's normally-30 our colder from November to February. Anchorage and the coast doesn't get nearly as cold as we do.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 8:30 am

1 degree F here in Delaware this morning. 4-8 inches of snow predicted for tonight into tomorrow.

GAHHHH

I seriously need to move where there's palm trees. I hate winter so much!!!

18 - 28 mph winds too.... -19F wind chill BOOM

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 9:19 pm

-29c here tonight (-20f)

And yeah, I HATE WINTER !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 9:42 pm

-17 F this morning here.

Stupid groundhog! dddog
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:20 pm

ok... i'll add my post from the local DS club site today... in which the thread title has a 4 letter profanity in it directed at mega snow fall..

quote"

pheft... Tidman you have my vote ..the last straw was when my snow blower started ran about 5o revolutions at half throttle then quit...now the motor will turn over per usual for about 2/3 of a revolution until it hits a certain area then a brick wall stop...  i'm thinking either some ice dislodged and is getting caught in the flywheel... or it sucked snow somehow into the carb and created zero combustion chamber clearance... who the hell knows...  I went to get the socket set out of the car trunk to pull the blower..plug... oh wait i gotta shovel out the  trunk lid ..

pass one to open the road at 9:30 this morning in front of my house... v plow job on the front of a road grader to break a path

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 16367062087_9c42d9e3fa_c20150216_093840 by freewillieklr, on Flickr

11:00AM the pay loader shows up to continue from the 9:30 run..

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 16551292601_878e96ff04_c20150216_123850 by freewillieklr, on Flickr

sorry about the image quality.... i cant imagine why the picture is not "clear as a bell"
unquote"
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:28 pm

Last week we had close to 40 in of snow in 24 hours at home, funny it didnt bother me that much, as Im in southern Arizona hahahahaha but my son and son inlaw had to plow my driveway, they were not happy hahaha cheers
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Chilly down here in Florida too. Had to wear a long sleeve shirt yesterday --- Brrrrr. poser2 poser2

This is what i swapped the R2 for:

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 <a href=Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 Img_0612" />

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 <a href=Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 Img_0613" />

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 Img_0614
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:48 pm

^Dick

Just kidding. Wish I had warm weather year round.

Good old Massachusetts.

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 20150127_104034
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 5:16 pm

I spend the summer in the North and winter in Arizona, I sure don`t miss the snow, its a win for me, cheers
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Life in northern Australia.

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 Screenshot_2015-03-04-10-02-32

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 Screenshot_2015-03-04-10-02-39

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 Screenshot_2015-03-04-10-02-47
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:34 am

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/22/us/winter-snowstorm-washington-blizzard/index.html

Supposed to get 12-18 inches snow and blizzard conditions starting tonight. GAHHHH

First major winter storm of 2016.

I REALLY want to move south ....

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods   Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weather Extremes In Your Neck Of The Woods
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3