Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Looking for my first Super Moto!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
motocrossmann

Looking for my first Super Moto! Empty
PostSubject: Looking for my first Super Moto!   Looking for my first Super Moto! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Well, I may as well introduce myself, cause I've already decided to get a WR250X. It meets all my needs at this point in life. I'm a (mostly) former motocrosser, then purchased a CBR600F4i about 10 years ago. The superbike has been fun, but none of my buddies have street bikes anymore so it has been collecting dust for the last few years. I need an errand runner, a sometimes commuter when my old truck breaks, and an all-the-time fun bike for riding in the hills of NorCal. I think I have found the right bike in the WR250x!

Now I just need to find one! I don't have the stomach for paying for a new one, but am watching craigslist/etc like a hawk!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my first Super Moto!   Looking for my first Super Moto! EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:14 am

I'm thinking the proposed solution will fulfill the need with out question.

The sport bikes sit MUCH more than the SuMos/Dual sports (WRR/LC4).

Quit dusting and go ahead and put the F4I up for sale now. You won't ride it once you have the WRx.
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my first Super Moto!   Looking for my first Super Moto! EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:56 pm

WINNING! Got an 08' wr250x! I feel like a real member now! Hopefully this fuel pump doesn't die!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my first Super Moto!   Looking for my first Super Moto! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:16 pm

Congratulations ! Think positive thoughts.

Talk to her late and night and whisper in her air intake.

Tell her how much you love her, you can't ride without her and she won't break on you. poser2
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my first Super Moto!   Looking for my first Super Moto! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:09 pm

lol x-racer. Maybe I should just replace the pump... I don't need another wife. A mistress..... Maybe... (oh wait. that's the WR!)
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my first Super Moto!   Looking for my first Super Moto! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Yea well, don't let the SO know you're out having more fun, or spend more time riding some other girl or you'll need more than a pump.

I've not seen any statistics that suggest the 08 fuel pump is more prone to failure than any others. ...although there does appear to be a trend before a certain manufacturing date.

You can probably gather that information somewhere on here (search in "What broke")

Our 08 is still pumping right along.

I'm hoping to get up to my buddies at Eagle Lake and re-do a ride across through the 36 and to the Ca Redwoods loop back through Clear Lake and back up into Snoozernville.

Where abouts are ya ?
Back to top Go down
motocrossmann

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my first Super Moto!   Looking for my first Super Moto! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:59 am

Wow, you aren't far away. I'm in Redwood City. The only issue I have is a wife that is going to pop in the next month, lol. (I'm terrified! First kid...)
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my first Super Moto!   Looking for my first Super Moto! EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:46 am

Well... No. I'm just S of LAX (Redondo Beach), but my bud's place is there.

Just because I've been there... I'd suggest you do your penitence now and ask for "Consideration" later.

You'll NEVER make-up for that one. Trust me. I know. I went out and broke my collarbone three weeks after my son was born. It wasn't pretty (EVER) after that.

...and that "he-he" (Lamaze) thing. Forget that shit... Baby's either come out, or they don't.

All the he-he breathing in the world won't get one out if they don't want to come out.

I'm not saying that I want to see my girl go through surgery unnecessarily, but after 18 hours of he-he breathing I needed a spinal-tap.

Good luck on that one papa... There is no ride in the world like having a child. ...and then they get to ride with ya !

My (then 17 year old) daughter Brittany and her friend Brooke on the CRF230s

Looking for my first Super Moto! DSCF0033
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for my first Super Moto!   Looking for my first Super Moto! Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for my first Super Moto!
Page 1 of 1