Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hi from good old Germany

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
on2wheels

Hi from good old Germany Empty
PostSubject: Hi from good old Germany   Hi from good old Germany EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Hello everybody,

my name´s Alex, 47 and I´m from Stuttgart / Germany.

Not easy to choose a new motorcycle in our days, there are too many I would like to own Rolling Eyes

I finally ordered a WR 250 X (black, of course), will get it hopefully within the next weeks wings

I take the X and not the R, as in fact we do not have many possibilities to legally ride offroad over here dunno

Anyway, I love our small, twisted roads, the X is made for them.

As a touring bike to spend the holidays with the wife I´ve got a Suzuki V-Strom, quite ugly Very happy , but a great bike causing no problems at all
Hi from good old Germany Urlaub_Spanien_2012%20001_zpsbb86302b

For nostalgic reasons there´s also a Yamaha RD 350 YPVS from 83.
Oh the 2-strokers, gives me goosebumps kicking it on and listening to that dirty sound Very happy
Hi from good old Germany YPVS002-2

So I can´t wait to finally get the small X and ride it for the first time thumb , will post a picture if it´s there.

A happy new year to everybody.

Cheers
Alex
Back to top Go down
kaelbchen

PostSubject: Re: Hi from good old Germany   Hi from good old Germany EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 6:27 am

Hallo Alex....
Bist du im deutschen WR - forum auch angemeldet?
Ich fahre eine BMW und überlege auch schon eine ganze Weile mir eine WR250 zu kaufen.Ich wäre an Deinen Erfahrungen mit der WR interessiert.....
MFG
Kaelbchen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from good old Germany   Hi from good old Germany EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:29 pm

on2wheels wrote:
Hello everybody,

my name´s Alex, 47 and I´m from Stuttgart / Germany.

Not easy to choose a new motorcycle in our days, there are too many I would like to own Rolling Eyes

I finally ordered a WR 250 X (black, of course), will get it hopefully within the next weeks wings

I take the X and not the R, as in fact we do not have many possibilities to legally ride offroad over here dunno

Anyway, I love our small, twisted roads, the X is made for them.

As a touring bike to spend the holidays with the wife I´ve got a Suzuki V-Strom, quite ugly Very happy , but a great bike causing no problems at all
Hi from good old Germany Urlaub_Spanien_2012%20001_zpsbb86302b

For nostalgic reasons there´s also a Yamaha RD 350 YPVS from 83.
Oh the 2-strokers, gives me goosebumps kicking it on and listening to that dirty sound Very happy
Hi from good old Germany YPVS002-2

So I can´t wait to finally get the small X and ride it for the first time thumb , will post a picture if it´s there.

A happy new year to everybody.

Cheers
Alex

Hi, Alex and welcome!

Is that not a VStrom? Regardless, that is a very cool bike!

I expect this is what kaelbchen said though I'm not great at interpretation, still:

Though this site is dedicated to the 2008 to 2012+ WR250R and WR250X bikes (the former, mostly), I suspect many of us would gladly ride a VStrom many places. I know I would!

Happy New Year and good health,

Micke S. & LightFoot
Back to top Go down
on2wheels

PostSubject: Re: Hi from good old Germany   Hi from good old Germany EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:39 pm

LightFoot wrote:
Hi, Alex and welcome!

I expect this is what kaelbchen said though I'm not great at interpretation, still:

Though this site is dedicated to the 2008 to 2012+ WR250R and WR250X bikes (the former, mostly), I suspect many of us would gladly ride a VStrom many places. I know I would!

Micke S. & LightFoot

Thanks Micke S. ,

sure it is a V-Strom, that´s what I wrote deal

I additionally ordered a WR 250 X, which I hopefully get within next weeks.

Cheers
Alex
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from good old Germany   Hi from good old Germany EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:47 pm

on2wheels wrote:
LightFoot wrote:
Hi, Alex and welcome!

Micke S. & LightFoot

Thanks Micke S. ,

sure it is a V-Strom, that´s what I wrote deal

I additionally ordered a WR 250 X, which I hopefully get within next weeks.

Cheers
Alex

Doh! You did say that.

Too many cervesas!

Good luck with your WR250X! Sure am loving my 2008 WR250X. Just put a 21" front wheel on it, so it looks somewhat like an R now.

Happy Holidays!

Micke S.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Super!!   Hi from good old Germany EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Good luck with the new X on the roads of Germany!! I remember the Autobahn when I was posted there wings Have fun and stay safe
Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
on2wheels

PostSubject: Re: Hi from good old Germany   Hi from good old Germany EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 8:12 pm

Docman wrote:
I remember the Autobahn when I was posted there wings

Yes, we still are allowed to ride without any speedlimit, but I guess this will change some day.

For the Autobahn I´d better bought a Hayabusa instead of an X , all the Porsches will eat the little WR up and spit it out again Very happy

Thanks and Cheers
Alex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from good old Germany   Hi from good old Germany Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from good old Germany
Page 1 of 1