Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Radiator Fan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bfgjohno

Radiator Fan Empty
PostSubject: Radiator Fan   Radiator Fan EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Dropped the bike a few weeks back and bent the radiator. Must've also bent the fan holder because I now find that the fan blades have come loose from the fan motor axle - the metal's just cut through the soft plastic.

Like others before me, I have found that the blades are not available as a single unit but must be bought with the motor - at least $113. Hell of an expensive piece of plastic!

Mr Yamaha often uses the same parts on different bikes. Does anyone know if this is the case with the radiator fan - just the fan blades mind? I could then hunt on Fleabay for a fan and transfer the blades to my intact motor. An R1 seems to have two fans, both 10 bladed - like our WRR one. Anyone know if it fits?

Cheers

John
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Radiator Fan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   Radiator Fan EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:08 am

Sounds far fetched. ...and I think my 07 R1 only has one. It's worth a shot I guess. Gimme the P/N and I'll look on my R1 P/L.

- Robert
Back to top Go down
bfgjohno

Radiator Fan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   Radiator Fan EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:06 am

Unfortunately the Part No is for the full unit (motor, connections, bracket and fan blades.

The left hand fan on the later R6 and R1 both look right. The diameter is 12cm and the hub has PPG30 embossed on the plastic.

I might just give it a go and get one from a breakers.

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radiator Fan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   Radiator Fan Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiator Fan
Page 1 of 1