Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Radiator Fan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chainsaws29

Radiator Fan  Empty
PostSubject: Radiator Fan    Radiator Fan  EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Hello all.

It appears over the numerous crashes on the right side of my WRR, I have twisted the radiator pinning the fan into the back of the radiator. I noticed that the fan will not spin during my last riding experience which actually threw the overheating/Hi temp light warning. You can hear the fan attempting to work, but cannot spin in its current state.

I see the OEM replacement part for this fan is ~$150 which seems a little high. . . .

Are there any alternatives to this fan? Are there larger aftermarket radiators for the WRR?

thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
japako

japako

Radiator Fan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan    Radiator Fan  EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:54 pm

chainsaws29 wrote:
Hello all.

It appears over the numerous crashes on the right side of my WRR, I have twisted the radiator pinning the fan into the back of the radiator. I noticed that the fan will not spin during my last riding experience which actually threw the overheating/Hi temp light warning. You can hear the fan attempting to work, but cannot spin in its current state.

I see the OEM replacement part for this fan is ~$150 which seems a little high. . . .

Are there any alternatives to this fan? Are there larger aftermarket radiators for the WRR?

thanks in advance.

Check for server fans (computer). I read a post on one of the forums about that working. around 35 bucks.

Check Ebay for the radiator.
Back to top Go down
viroid

Radiator Fan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan    Radiator Fan  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:53 pm

I logged into the forums tonight with the intention of starting the same thread. :)

I flipped my bike descending a powerline trail a while back and apparently smashed the radiator all to hell, it looks like the fan blades spun against the back of the radiator for a while before completely falling apart. I'm in the process of JB Welding the metal piece back to the fan blades. If it works I dont have to replace my fan. I was considering replacing the radiator until I saw how much they were charging, I bent it back into shape the best I could, it's holding fluid fine so I am going to run with it.

,,, v
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radiator Fan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan    Radiator Fan  Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiator Fan
Page 1 of 1