Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New wheels for the X

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
btb91

btb91

New wheels for the X Empty
PostSubject: New wheels for the X   New wheels for the X EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:27 am

Check it out - best of both worlds now...hopefully the image uploads...Shog

23MAY2011 013" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
TheRealDeal

PostSubject: Re: New wheels for the X   New wheels for the X EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Sharp looking X man!

What skid plate is that?
Back to top Go down
btb91

btb91

PostSubject: Re: New wheels for the X   New wheels for the X EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks for the comment!

It is a Ricochet aluminum skid plate, bolts right to the screw holes in the frame. Glad I got this one, adds a little more weight but stronger than plastic.
Back to top Go down
jtmajors

PostSubject: Re: New wheels for the X   New wheels for the X EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Looks great! Did you get them from wheeling? Did you go with the x or r front disc? Also, where did you get the graphics? Having a heard time finding something simple like that. All the choices I see are two over the top for me. I have a white one like you.
Back to top Go down
btb91

btb91

PostSubject: Re: New wheels for the X   New wheels for the X EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:22 pm

The wheels I got at Wheeling and the front rotor is an X rotor, I had bought a WHOLE front brake assembly for the R but that is what he shipped. Turns out to be an easier conversion, just need to be a little more careful with rocks in the woods. I will sell the other brake as I don't really need it now.

The graphics were pretty much stock except for a couple of DynaJet (I have a Power Commander 5) stickers and the yamaha ones I got from Motorcycle superstore. The Yoshimura stickers are also from the new pipe.

Back to top Go down
mbob

mbob

PostSubject: Re: New wheels for the X   New wheels for the X EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Nice !
I want to do the same to the front of my X. What was your source for the wheel and did you use your X caliper and rotor?
Back to top Go down
btb91

btb91

PostSubject: Re: New wheels for the X   New wheels for the X EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Bought the wheels from Wheeling (Forest), that is the way to go, very simple. I am using the same rotor and and caliper brake assembly. Very rocky where I ride and have not had a problem. I had him install a 49 tooth rear sprocket, which required a longer chain (120 link).

Good luck, but if you buy from Wheeling there will be no problems...

Ed
Back to top Go down
mototifosi

PostSubject: WARP 9 Wheels!!! These are the "shiznit"!   New wheels for the X EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:47 am

Just got my set (first production) of R wheels for my X from Warp 9. Great guys to deal with. Wheels come complete with your choice of sprocket (choose teeth) and wave rotor up front and rear to use with the stock X calipers! No swapping discs or sprockets! Fit and finish are amazing. Color choices abound. They are a bargain as well since they come complete. Just shod them and bolt up. Warp 9 has an excellent reputation for quality, service and kit. No affiliation just a great experience.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New wheels for the X   New wheels for the X Empty

Back to top Go down

New wheels for the X
Page 1 of 1