Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Quick help with tire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inspector

inspector

Quick help with tire Empty
PostSubject: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Ok, time for one of my (soon-to-be) famous newb questions.

Buddy of mine help install the new 606's. Now I'm home installing the tires on the bike and...... The front tire has an arrow and direction (which is all good). The back tire does not. There is a triangle (that is pointing the wrong direction), but that is it. Anybody know if they are directional tires in back?

I got it all mounted up was just about to tighten everything when I noticed he mounted the tire opposite of what I wanted. I don't think it matters, but i have a good ride tomorrow morning that will have to cancel if it does.

**the more I look at it the more it looks like an arrow. Doesn't have the word "rotation" like the front.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Man my heart was pounding!!! Just happened to look at the opposite side of the tire and the arrow/triangle is pointing in the opposite direction as the other side. Both of them are just pointing to the word Dunlop.

*maybe you guys could set up a "special" section for me? Call it "Dumb ass's question thread"

**get it? special, cause i'm special. lol
Back to top Go down
proview

proview

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:40 pm

inspector wrote:
Man my heart was pounding!!! Just happened to look at the opposite side of the tire and the arrow/triangle is pointing in the opposite direction as the other side. Both of them are just pointing to the word Dunlop.

*maybe you guys could set up a "special" section for me? Call it "Dumb ass's question thread"

**get it? special, cause i'm special. lol
Yeah, none of us does anything dumb Very happy You're fine. It's only the front that is directional as you now know wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:18 am

The 606 front is directional, the rear isn't. You'll also notice a yellow dot on the tire; this is where you line up the valve stem. thumb

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:34 am

Well this tire thing was a learning experience for me and my buddy. He's changed many SS tires and a bunch of SM tires, but never dirt tires. (has a really nice No-Mar settup).
We did notice the yellow(rear only), but wasn't sure if it was the light or heavy point and with the other worries we where having, that was the last thing we thought of. Ended up being where ever it ended. We did balance them though.

I don't think it is necessary to balance them....your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:37 am

Mine aren't. I threw them on and rode it. Even at higher speeds I'm no experiencing that tank slap feeling others are mentioning. I've had them through just about every kind of material now, and I can't complain with their performance.

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptySun May 24, 2009 8:14 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Mine aren't. I threw them on and rode it. Even at higher speeds I'm no experiencing that tank slap feeling others are mentioning. I've had them through just about every kind of material now, and I can't complain with their performance.

I can vouch firsthand about their off road prowess. Those tires are amazing. Nearly put my Kenda's to shame thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptySun May 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Well...next time we ride in loose stuff bring a bloody paddle... wink

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptySun May 24, 2009 8:44 pm

I didn't find them any better on the logging roads then my worn down trialwings.

*i was amazed at how easily they climbed out of ruts thou.
Back to top Go down
Mugster

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire EmptyTue May 26, 2009 4:36 pm

If you want some non DOT rated smooth riding tires, trials tires are pretty good. On a wheel with spokes it gets trued by putting the wheel in a truing stand and methodically tightening the spokes.

If you run alot of dirt, your wheels will take a beating. Just part of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick help with tire   Quick help with tire Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick help with tire
Page 1 of 1