Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Intermittent miss at idle & eventually no start

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sswrx

sswrx

Intermittent miss at idle & eventually no start Empty
PostSubject: Intermittent miss at idle & eventually no start   Intermittent miss at idle & eventually no start EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Don't know if I posted my fix for my idle issue. My 09 X has run pretty good since I got it new but always had a tendency to stall upon take-off & had a strange intermittent miss at idle. I always put it off as a lean fuel map from the factory. Still happened after installing a Power Commander & the other mods. A couple months ago, it got worse & started to miss a lot at idle to the point that it would stall. Tried to find info on this & was leaning towards a TPS or MAP sensor even though they read within specs on my meter. Broke my fuel pump when it fell off the bike during my diagnosing process. Bought a new pump & sensors & the bike would crank & not start. Really got pissed by this time after spending all that money to fix broken parts to get it running. Finally found out my spark plug went bad. Seems that it would spark fine while grounded outside the cylinder but would not fire under compression pressure. Put in a spare plug & it runs like a totally different bike. I think I had a bad plug from the start cause it never ran this good even when it was new. I never thought the plug was bad because the bike only has 1200 miles on it & it's an NGK plug, which has an extremely good reputation for quality. Hope this may help someone else that has had similar issues.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

Intermittent miss at idle & eventually no start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intermittent miss at idle & eventually no start   Intermittent miss at idle & eventually no start EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Don't you hate it when, after spending so much time and $$$ chasing after a problem, you find out it was something so simple? I have several similar stories as well.

Glad you got it sorted out. Intermittent miss at idle & eventually no start 61865
Back to top Go down

Intermittent miss at idle & eventually no start
Page 1 of 1