Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hard vs Soft side luggage?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bigg

bigg

Hard vs Soft side luggage? Empty
PostSubject: Hard vs Soft side luggage?   Hard vs Soft side luggage? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:24 am

I'm having custom side racks made and so can decide for a good fit for soft or hard luggage. Which one would you recommend if you had the choice?
I'm getting a hard center luggage and so could have a complete set (3 bags) of hard luggage or mix 1 hard and side soft. What would be your recommendation and why?

Thanks a lot!

ps. with the luggage I'd mainly do road driving or white/dirt roads. No off road if that is an issue!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Hard vs Soft side luggage?   Hard vs Soft side luggage? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:03 am

I would depend an awful lot on where and how long I'm going. For short trips and dual sporting soft bags are the way to go. For a multi-week trek I'd prefer to have at least one locking hard bag I think. Commuting, if I didn't have a place at work to stash my gear I'd want a hard bag but as I do have a place to store my gear I just keep my tank bag and occasionally wear a backpack.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Hard vs Soft side luggage?   Hard vs Soft side luggage? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:17 pm

I like the soft bags, too. You can cinch them down & be a little more streamlined, plus if it falls on you it doesn't hurt as much. They aren't as secure, but i wouldn't leave anything of value in a hard bag, either.
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: Hard vs Soft side luggage?   Hard vs Soft side luggage? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:19 pm

rear pelican case for security items & giant loop coyote plus dry bag strapped down w/ rox straps if you have more stuff.
Back to top Go down
martinabbi

PostSubject: Re: Hard vs Soft side luggage?   Hard vs Soft side luggage? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:33 am

generally prefer both...its depends on condition and where to travel..if you want to select one than you can go with pelican cases...or may take help from south-pak
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard vs Soft side luggage?   Hard vs Soft side luggage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hard vs Soft side luggage?
Page 1 of 1