Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Won't Start Hot?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pg212

pg212

Won't Start Hot? Empty
PostSubject: Won't Start Hot?   Won't Start Hot? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 am

I have 2009 wr250r, 6000 miles on it. Never had a single issue.

Three days ago I rode about 25 miles back into the Blue Mountains. It was about 90 degrees out. Bike ran perfectly. Parked the bike at the end of the road. Went hiking for about two hours. Came back, hopped on the bike, it started right up, then in about 50 feet it died. Tried to restart it for about 10 minutes no luck. It would turn over, but wouldn't start. I pushed it up one big hill, coasted down and attempted to roll start it a multitude of times. Nothing.

Sat down on the side of the road and thought about how much fun its going to be hiking for two days to get to a paved road. Decided to try one more time. Pushed it up another big hill, rolled down the hill to about 10 mph popped it into gear, started right up. Road home no problems.

Rode it into work yesterday no problem, started right up both times.

Yesterday after work rode up a big climb right outside of town for about 25 minutes, engine ran great. Got to the top. Turned off bike, attempted to restart again, engine turns over but won't start. Repeat of before scenario. 10 minutes of trying to start it, pop it into gear rolling downhill, nothing.

Rolled down the mountain while my buddy went to get a rope. Twenty minutes later, I try again while rolling down hill to pop it into gear, started right up and ran fine.

Any suggestions on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

pg
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

Won't Start Hot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Won't Start Hot?   Won't Start Hot? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:24 pm

I wanted to say fuel pump was the issue, but i noticed you have an 09. The 2008 fuel pumps causes this issue your describing. Do you hear the fuel prime when the bike doesn't start?

Maybe the manufacture date is from 08 but listed as an 09?

Back to top Go down

Won't Start Hot?
Page 1 of 1