Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Which exhaust system to choose?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tur60hamster

Which exhaust system to choose? Empty
PostSubject: Which exhaust system to choose?   Which exhaust system to choose? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi everyone! I've been riding WR for 3 months and i decided to put a new exhaust system on it.
So, which is the best one? Will the bike be more powerful? Also i want to install FMF Proframmer, i heard it is easy to install it but didn't find any information how to install.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Which exhaust system to choose?   Which exhaust system to choose? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Define "best".

Use search feature. Read threads and stickies.

Go with a Graves full titanium and carbon fiber exhaust system with a PCV & Autotune. Cost you about $1500 or so - but it's the "best".

Maybe.....

lurk

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which exhaust system to choose?   Which exhaust system to choose? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 2:03 pm

I'm not trying to take over this post :nono: , but I too am looking to add an exhaust system to my '08 WRR but wanted to stay under about $500. What benefit do I gain in going with the $1500 system aside from shaving off weight (I'm assuming it's lighter as it's Ti & CF)?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Which exhaust system to choose?   Which exhaust system to choose? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Our little bikes with it's single cylinder don't really gain a whole lot by upgrading the exhaust.

You lose some weight and gain some power.

There is no hard and fast rule or law that says exhaust "X" gives you the best power and weight for your dollar.

Many here use many pipes. Nobody really complains.

FmF Q4, FmF Powercore, GYTR, HMF, Yoshimura, Barrell Four,Leo Vince,Graves......find the one that meets your price points and sound requirements and you'll be happy.

Which one is "best"......what's the best ice cream, best pizza, and best beer?

For me, the best was the FmF Q4. You may have different tastes and needs.

In the previous post I was being kinda saucy....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Which exhaust system to choose?   Which exhaust system to choose? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:51 pm

I've only had the full fmf package....and I compare to my buddies %100 stock bike.
There is some minor "feel better" characteristics of my bike over his...it does feel a lil peppier overall. For our riding skill and terrain, neither bike has any advantage, performance wise, worth arguing about...just a bit different is all.
Now the tone, for me , should be the main criteria...has a major effect on fun factor. Somedays my bark and growl just inspire me to give 'er....somedays I'm jealous about how quiet my buddy's stock bike is...and start talkin about goin back to stock myself.

Its starting to sound like my issue with tires...in that the perfect set of tires, is probably two sets...lol
...a dual exhaust with my fmf on 1 side and my stocker on the other...and some cool way to swtch 'em on the fly...lol...that's definotutely the best.

You can have fun finding out for yourself at least...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which exhaust system to choose?   Which exhaust system to choose? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which exhaust system to choose?
Page 1 of 1