Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Disable the AIS system ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
motardmixion

motardmixion

Disable the AIS system ? Empty
PostSubject: Disable the AIS system ?   Disable the AIS system ? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 am

I believe my AIS system is still active and working on my bike, I would like to see if its possible to disable it and keep the little flapper open all the time, (without cutting and welding the exhaust) not a big deal, just seeing if anyone has done it yet, I kinda looked around on the forum and didn't really see anything in regards to this question.

Just broke right now and waiting on some money to come in to get my exhaust and fmf tuner. But for now I'm just trying to make it breath and flow as best as it can

Thanks!

Evan.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Disable the AIS system ?   Disable the AIS system ? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 am

Are you thinking the little flapper in the pipe leading to the muffler is called the AIS?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Disable the AIS system ?   Disable the AIS system ? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 am

:nono:

The valve in the pipe just before the muffler is called the EXUP valve.

The AIS is completely different and you really need to do more reading about your bike before you do anything else to it.

With a stock pipe leave the EXUP alone. It rarely if ever closes and it only does it for a split second.

99% of the time it's open, and does nothing to rob you of power, and some people will say it actually provides you with more power/torque at certain rpm ranges.

In it's natural state, the valve is wide open.

There's plenty of threads, pictures and an awesome video or two around this forum about both the AIS and the EXUP.

Start searching and reading before you do anything else.

deal

hide

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: Disable the AIS system ?   Disable the AIS system ? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 am

Yeah the exup system, sorry. I just got the two mixed up. That's all. I didn't know if it would do anything to disable it, thanks
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Disable the AIS system ?   Disable the AIS system ? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Your bike only gets a bit louder when you open throttle at low rpm quickly, at the first three gears...

You could disconnect the Airboxflapper (closes as the same time as the exup) too. And if you install an other airfilter (TwinAir is a good one, f. ex.) you could feel a bit more power with this little specs...

Only removing the exup changes nothing but the sound!
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: Disable the AIS system ?   Disable the AIS system ? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Okay thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disable the AIS system ?   Disable the AIS system ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Disable the AIS system ?
Page 1 of 1