Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xplosivo1

Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-) Empty
PostSubject: Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-)   Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-) EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Hello everyone!

I just bought a used 2008 WRR from a nice guy with a growing family. It was the guinea pig used for the Thumper Racing big bore kit. The bike ODO lists it with 875 miles, but the BB was installed with a little over 200 miles. So, the BB only has a bout 500 miles i'm guessing.

Here's my story. In 2006 I bought a DRZ400SM, I liked it but it was way too heavy and just too much bike for me to handle. I sold it and bought an SV650S, that bike was the most uncomfortable riding position I've ever felt....had it been the SV650 and not the (S) I may have been more apt to keep it.

Sold that one and in 08, bought an 09 KLX250S. My sights were set on the WRR, but the dealership where I got the KLX didn't stock Yamaha. I really enjoyed the KLX after I BB'd it to 351 and down geared...that bike pulled like a tractor. I took it off road periodically and it was too heavy for what I wanted to do. I ended up trading it straight across for an 06 YZ250F. This bike is wicked, it is so light and race ready. As it turns out, the bike belonged to Tatum Sik, the womans class pro racer from Temecula/fallbrook area. (Pretty good find)

I really like the YZ, but I missed the ability to got from street to trail in CA. That is what drove me to Craigslist to find the WRR I have now! So far I love it and the only thing I can complain about is the seat is an upgraded tall seat...i'm vertically challenged!

06 YZ250F
08 WR250R
wings
Back to top Go down
Fabroxtz

Fabroxtz

PostSubject: Re: Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-)   Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-) EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi !!

Nice story...!

I have a friend who loves DRZ400.... I thing is a great bike droooool , but I've never ride one... so you say it feels too heavy?

KLX is a niiiice bike too thumb

Any pictures of your WR?

Very happy
Back to top Go down
boyce418

PostSubject: Re: Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-)   Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Glad you like your bike!

I started out with a new 2002 drz400, and wasn't very happy. I traded it in on a 2003 yz250f and I loved it!! After that I traded it in on a 2005 yz250f.
I had the same problem though....i couldn't get to the trails. So I added a 2008 wr250x (couldn't decide on the X or R), and threw on a set of knobbies on the 18" wheels. Love it!
Thought it was funny we have a similar story!

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-)   Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 pm

cool .. add another YZ250F and WR250R garage to the list Very happy

welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-)   Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Another greeting from California...I'm an import too :-)
Page 1 of 1