Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New guy from Wisconsin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daamud

Daamud

New guy from Wisconsin Empty
PostSubject: New guy from Wisconsin   New guy from Wisconsin EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi. Been lurking for awhile and just pulled the trigger on a new to me 2008 WR250X, so I figured I should join up.

Got the bike from a friend who was just getting into riding and was not a fan of how "light and twitchy" the bike was. scratch So I took it for a 40 mile test ride, sold my KTM, and bought it with 238 miles on the clock.

The plan is to find or build some dirt wheels for it and ride the hell out of it! This thing is so smooth, flickable, quite and light. I'm in love. wings
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Wisconsin   New guy from Wisconsin EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Schweeet..... Everything is relative. Curious what was he riding and what KTM did you sell ?

Welcome to the crew...
Back to top Go down
Fabroxtz

Fabroxtz

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Wisconsin   New guy from Wisconsin EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Welcome!

I Agree with X-Racer, what model of KTM did you have? May be it wasn't a Trail or Enduro Bike!

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Wisconsin   New guy from Wisconsin EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:41 pm

The WR was his first bike ever. He was a pretty good BMX rider back in the day, and thought a WR would be a good starter bike.

2004 SXC625. After owning it for 6 years, I needed a change. LOVED the brute power the bike had. But at only 295 lbs., it handled heavy. And my riding needs slightly changed some. I do most of my riding solo exploring logging roads and two tracks, and no longer need to blast down forest roads at 100 MPH.
Back to top Go down
Fabroxtz

Fabroxtz

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Wisconsin   New guy from Wisconsin EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:03 am

Daamud wrote:
my riding needs slightly changed some. I do most of my riding solo exploring logging roads and two tracks, and no longer need to blast down forest roads at 100 MPH.

Agree with thath, nice choice!

Very happy

No need to be fast to be fun thumb

Back to top Go down
Elessar

Elessar

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Wisconsin   New guy from Wisconsin EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:23 pm

And you got some sweet roads up thar too for hittin' the dirt/gravel. You're gonna have sooo much fun! And what a great deal. Happy riding! wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Wisconsin   New guy from Wisconsin Empty

Back to top Go down

New guy from Wisconsin
Page 1 of 1