Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Long time lurker joining in

Go down 
+3
X-Racer
Chrispy1200
saddletramp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
saddletramp

Long time lurker joining in Empty
PostSubject: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi folks,

I have been following this great site for a while now, soaking up all I can about the WR250R. Finally got a test ride tonight which cinched it for me. I will be buying a WR in future.

You can chaulk up another convert to HighFive and MadDog.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Welcome !

Lots and lots of good riding in NB.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:20 pm

QUICK ! LEAVE NOW ! FOLLOW THE DUCKS AND YOU CAN RIDE ALL YEAR ! !

Welcome ST... Cheers.
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Going to go in and change my signature from WR250R (soon) to just WR250R as I picked up my new to me 2011 WR250R today and it only has 1100 easy miles on it. YIPPEE !!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Congrats... Let's see her !
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:49 am

needpics worthless needpics
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Patience my friends, patience . I will be getting the tags for it on Wednesday and will try to get a couple photos if I can ever get home before darkness sets in ( which is a 5:00 pm here now).

Pictures won't show much - just a pristine WR that is waiting for mods and gas - and maybe me grinning like an old chessycat.

wings

Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 pm

No ! No ! Not the bike silly ! We know what they look like !

We wanted a picture of the girl's FACE when you brought it home ! baldy

THEN we want a picture of yours after she has her way with you ! cripple
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Here she is:

No - I did not photoshop that snow into the picture. Winter has arrived here. GAHHHH

Long time lurker joining in LeftsideNov2011resized

Long time lurker joining in RightsideNov2011resized-1
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:54 pm

You know how it is when you have put down your money for a new bike but have not had a chance for a long test ride in advance - you are always wondering if you made the right choice or not. Prior to getting this WR I did tons of internet riding and asking questions but only rode two differenct WR's - one for 10 minutes and the other for 15 minutes !! And then I bought my WR.

Well, the snow has melted here and we have had some rain that washed away the salt residue. And today was +7C, sooooooooooo............... I just had to go for a spin for a couple hours or so before putting the bike away for the winter. Let me tell you that I am totally impressed with this little bike. A lot less vibes than my KLR at same speeds and it handles great. I certainly noticed the difference in wind resistance compared to the KLR with that fairing but that was to be expected.

Just before putting it away I tinkered a bit - took off rear wheel, panels, seat , battery - just to look things over. Many have stated this before but I am very pleased with the build quality and fasteners. Yippee !

She will sleep now for a few months while I gather up some farkles to personalize it to my style of riding. Can hardly wait for next spring to arrive.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:03 pm

saddletramp wrote:

Well, the snow has melted here and we have had some rain that washed away the salt residue. And today was +7C, sooooooooooo............... I just had to go for a spin for a couple hours or so before putting the bike away for the winter.

I've already washed and 'put away' my bikes about 8 times this fall, including as recently as about an hour ago for the WRR. Then I keep going out and getting them all muddy again. baldy baldy
Back to top Go down
3wheel2wheel

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 am

nice im also in nb. i just recently bought a wr250x. wanted the r but the x was 3 grand cheaper on clearance :)
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:07 pm

With the money you saved you can throw a $1000 for a set of R wheels and have the best of both worlds. Congrats on the purchase. Did you happen to get one of the '09's from Motoplex?
Back to top Go down
3wheel2wheel

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 2:43 pm

yep, the last one. :)
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:44 am

3wheel2wheel wrote:
nice im also in nb. i just recently bought a wr250x. wanted the r but the x was 3 grand cheaper on clearance :)
$3K off? Very nice!

I got $2.5K off of my 09 X when I bought it in early Spring of '10.

I'll probably get Wheeling R wheels this May when I pass through there after being in the US over a week (save taxes on $750.)
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 12:41 pm

There is a set of dirt wheels in the For Sale section of this site ( in case you did not see them).
Back to top Go down
3wheel2wheel

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:05 am

i just put a set of kenda k270's on for now. cheaper alternative for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time lurker joining in   Long time lurker joining in Empty

Back to top Go down

Long time lurker joining in
Page 1 of 1