Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Long time rider, first time WR'er

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bluzharp

Long time rider, first time WR'er Empty
PostSubject: Long time rider, first time WR'er   Long time rider, first time WR'er EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:37 am

I've been riding and repairing bikes for a long time. My very first real job was as a shop rat/mechanic at a CZ shop in PA in 1972 at the tender age of 14. I am now older and my needs and ego have changed (slightly, heh) to the point I wanted something tamer and more practical for my off/on road excursions, specfically, but not limited to, my annual dual sport fishing trip to the Mammoth/June Lake area every fall with my buddies. I'm also a big fan of adventure touring and have had several awesome trips to the desert and mountains in the central California region.

I just picked up a slightly used 2010 WR250R yesterday with 1500 miles on it. I was looking to downsize my dual sport ride from he 470 cc, fire breathing DRZ I have been flogging for the last 6 yraers. So far, it's everything I was hoping it would be. It's quiet, nimble, quiet, light, quiet, peppy enough, quiet, and the six speed is sweet. Did I mention it's quiet too? Another thing I was looking for is lightweight, not only for handling, but for easy, one man loading into the pickup. This little gem is all that. So far, I couldn't be happier.

So I've started going through it, adjusting the foot controls, suspension, etc. I have stuff pretty well dialed in now but I discovered the front brake light switch doesn't shut off until I press the lever forward. It's right on the ragged edge of working. The bike had been dumped and the handlebars and lever were replaced. I fiddled with it for a while last night, but it needs more attention still.

The steering head is also clunking and that will get serviced very soon. I had read about steering head issues already but didn't expect it on such a low mileage bike. No biggie, it's a pretty minor fix.

All in all, I'm stoked with my new ride and I can't wait to sell the awesome DRZ470. BTW, my street ride is a 180 hp BMW K1200R which provides me with my daily horsepower and speed fix. (that thing is a freaking beast!)

I stumbled across this forum while I was doing my reasearch and now I;m in! Let the farkling begin.

Last edited by bluzharp on Sat May 04, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed date)
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Long time rider, first time WR'er   Long time rider, first time WR'er EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Welcome aboard from another young feller thumb (I'm 55) who is also thoroughly enjoying the WR250R !

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
bluzharp

PostSubject: Re: Long time rider, first time WR'er   Long time rider, first time WR'er EmptySat May 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks Tramp! I'm hittin' 55 in 2 weeks. I had the year wrong in my original post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time rider, first time WR'er   Long time rider, first time WR'er Empty

Back to top Go down

Long time rider, first time WR'er
Page 1 of 1