Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

All Street on R

Go down 
+3
KLRchickie
bsheet2
mike7296
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mike7296

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Has anyone put all street tires on a R both 21" and 18" ?? If so How was it and do you have photos you can post?
I don't have the $1200 to shell out on converting. tough
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Not on my WRR. But on my KLR I have used Avon Gripsters. They are 80 to 90 % street oriented. Also the Shinko tires are heavily street oriented.
They are still listed as dual sport tires.
Back to top Go down
mike7296

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks you don't have any photos do you?
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 12:07 am

Not on my WR, but my KLR wears Dunlop D607's & I am very happy with them. I think they're considered a 90/10 tire. Fantastic for street and just fine for gravel & mild dirt. Mud & street tires don't mix too well Very happy

All Street on R 83_1
http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=83

Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Motorcycle Superstore is a good place to shop.

Shinko 705
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/20396/ITEM/Shinko-705-Series-Dual-Sport-Front-Tire.aspx

Avon Distanzia and Gripster are both good choices
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/1/0/0/DEPARTMENT/Dirt-Bike-Motocross-Dual-Sport-Tires-Tires.aspx#&&Back=0-0-15%2c195-0-44-0-0-24-1-1-1

There are others. Just cruise thru the dual sport tires at MC Superstore.
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:42 pm

mike7296 wrote:
Has anyone put all street tires on a R both 21" and 18" ?? If so How was it and do you have photos you can post?
I don't have the $1200 to shell out on converting. tough

I haven't yet, but I plan to go to two sets of tires for my R. These look pretty good to me for a pure street tire and appropriate sizes for the WRR are listed.
http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/glamourindex.aspx?productID=3&LookupID=8
Back to top Go down
mike7296

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Cool please take a photo and let me know how they ride
Back to top Go down

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:39 pm

I've been considering the same, giving my WRR some 90-100% street tires. I'm just curious if anyone knows what the 21" Front & 18" Rear will do to handling, as opposed to having the SM setup like the WRX?
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:13 pm

whitea42 wrote:
I've been considering the same, giving my WRR some 90-100% street tires. I'm just curious if anyone knows what the 21" Front & 18" Rear will do to handling, as opposed to having the SM setup like the WRX?

18 & 21" tires will handle like 18 & 21" tires - regardless of knobs. If you're riding mostly street, I recommend it, as on-road handling is definitely improved with "streetier" tires. It is amazing how well street tires do off-pavement too.

17" tires front & back handle completely differently from the 18 & 21" setup. I personally find the difference hard to explain, but I really enjoy the 17's a lot --- to the point that I'm considering trying a small front wheel on my KLR.
Back to top Go down
millert85

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Bridgestone BT-45

comes in appropriate 18-21" sizes, nice and sticky (for a touring tyre) and good milage.
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:39 am

Iv got the Avon Distanzas on my R
All Street on R 94ea1f9f
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:42 am

That bike looks an awful lot like an X.... All Street on R 3300039479

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 8:46 am

It was born as an R and still is an R.
All Street on R B9b7371d
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:04 am

Hmmm...interesting, it has the black frame of the X. The R had silver frame and swingarm. Nice bike still tho. All Street on R 61865 All Street on R 525406

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Iv got two WRR's, an 08 and 09 model both with black frames.
I am thinking of getting some 17" wheels for one of them as I do like my super moto's
The second baby !
All Street on R 61192927
Back to top Go down
millert85

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:19 am

i have seen a few euro and aus spec r's with black frames.
Back to top Go down

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:44 am

I picked up a set of Bridgestone Battlax and a set of Shinko 705, both in WRR OEM (21"/18") Sizes. Rolling Eyes
Not sure my wife realizes it yet though. Shog

Anyways, I picked up the Shinko rubber to try out a budget street tire, while my new friends at the Yami dealer offered to order me a set of Battlax rubber for NEAR dealer cost. Anyways, My basement bike storage area smells like fresh rubber now. droooool As soon as I can get some warm enough and dry days, I should be ready to review them. However, for the time being I'm running my slightly studded Mitas M16/M17 knobbies since it's December in Minnesota. I'll try and post pictures when I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All Street on R Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Street on R   All Street on R Empty

Back to top Go down

All Street on R
Page 1 of 1