Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Curbhopper

Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R Empty
PostSubject: Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R   Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Pondering on the Wheeling Cycle X wheels for my R.....

Can anyone who have first hand experience with the X wheels on their R give me a true feedback if the setup was worth buying?
Does it give it the "Motard" feel on the road?
How much difference is the R with better road tires compare to the X setup?

Just sad to see my full knobby R sitting in the garage waiting for dirt most of the year.
Much appreciated.

Tony
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R   Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:32 pm

I just got my X wheels from Wheeling Cycle last week. They are AWESOME. I love the way the bike feels. The bike turns in way faster and rides great. I am so glad I did it. I may never go back to the dirt wheels ever again.

Just don't wait. It took me 4 weeks to get them to my door.

Here's a link to my pics:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5714-my-wrrx

Do it, Do it.
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R   Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:49 pm

KC0514 wrote:

I just got my X wheels from Wheeling Cycle last week. They are AWESOME. I love the way the bike feels. The bike turns in way faster and rides great. I am so glad I did it. I may never go back to the dirt wheels ever again.

Do it, Do it.

Never... never?!?! I know who would love to buy your R wheels from you. me! thumb
Back to top Go down
Curbhopper

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R   Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:04 pm

KC0514 wrote:

Do it, Do it.
Read your post, nice gold forks!
Why the 4 weeks wait? Out of stock?
Did you order another R rotor to go with the X wheels?
What else did you have to order from Forest?
X wheels
R rotor
Tires
Tubes
?
?
?

Back to top Go down
Curbhopper

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R   Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:08 pm

BoredAzHell20 wrote:
KC0514 wrote:

Do it, Do it.

Never... never?!?! I know who would love to buy your R wheels from you. me! thumb

Not giving up dirt riding! Never!!!
In fact, I need to conquer my wheelies! Got my ass handed to me in an attempt last week. Very happy

Just need more reasons to ride the WRR more.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R   Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Loving my r now that its an x. Did the full swap with an x owner so front brake system wheels sidestand. So much better and fun on road, better than it should be offload. Only place I hesitate taking the sumo wheels is deep mud and big rocks.
Back to top Go down
Curbhopper

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R   Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 pm

skierd wrote:
Loving my r now that its an x. Did the full swap with an x owner so front brake system wheels sidestand. So much better and fun on road, better than it should be offload. Only place I hesitate taking the sumo wheels is deep mud and big rocks.

Thats good to know.
The total estimated cost would hover around $1300.
A used X could cost between $3500 - $4500.
What to do? What to do? What to do?
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R   Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Curbhopper wrote:

Thats good to know.
The total estimated cost would hover around $1300
A used X could cost between $3500 - $4500.
What to do? What to do? What to do?

That's the total I spent. Wheels were from Wheeling. I bought the tires and tubes online.
I used my rotors and sprocket. .

Well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R   Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R Empty

Back to top Go down

Reviews and true feedback needed on X wheels for the R
Page 1 of 1