Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

what's needed to fit r wheels on x?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dallard2

what's needed to fit r wheels on x? Empty
PostSubject: what's needed to fit r wheels on x?   what's needed to fit r wheels on x? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:31 pm

hey guys i searched the wheels section but can't find my answer. do r wheels just bolt straight on the x or they dont share the same spacers?
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: wheels   what's needed to fit r wheels on x? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:53 pm

The rear wheel bolts up with the same spacers and all. The front wheel( think) uses the same spacers but you will need the (R) caliper. Berwyn
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: what's needed to fit r wheels on x?   what's needed to fit r wheels on x? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Berwyn Henderson wrote:
The front wheel( think) uses the same spacers but you will need the (R) caliper. Berwyn
Or the X rotor if you don't want to mess with the caliper.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: what's needed to fit r wheels on x?   what's needed to fit r wheels on x? EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:07 pm

The X rotor will not bolt-up to the R hub, at least not the OEM Yamaha X rotor.

I did read about a guy having EBC custom-make him an X diameter rotor that would bolt to the R hub.
Back to top Go down
dallard2

PostSubject: Re: what's needed to fit r wheels on x?   what's needed to fit r wheels on x? EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 am

Thanks fellas. I got the wheels with the wrx i purchased. Wasnt sure if the spacers would all work. Seems like i didnt have any mods to do. Went offroading on friday.

what's needed to fit r wheels on x? 20130823_134625
Back to top Go down
250riders

250riders

PostSubject: Re: what's needed to fit r wheels on x?   what's needed to fit r wheels on x? EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:01 am

Hi,

Does anyone with an X have any experience with Wheeling Cycle Supply and their SM Pro Dirt Wheels Set WR250X?  Looks like they build the rims using stock X hubs.  From what I am reading if I wanted to keep my stock X wheel setup, I would need:

Purchase:

Front -  Stock X Rotor  
Rear - Sprocket  and a Rear Rotor

Thank you,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what's needed to fit r wheels on x?   what's needed to fit r wheels on x? Empty

Back to top Go down

what's needed to fit r wheels on x?
Page 1 of 1