Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
canstein

Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)? Empty
PostSubject: Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?   Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:03 am

Posted this at supermotojunkie and someone suggested I come over here and ask. I totally didn't know this forum existed Very happy

I'm in the process of finalizing a deal on a used 2009 yamaha wr250x. The price is $4700 and the bike has under 1000 miles on it and is completely stock. It's also from a private seller not a dealer. The KBB on the bike is 4200 but these bikes are also fairly hard to come by being that they're discontinued. I went to 3 separate dealers today and didn't find any new or used.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?   Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:58 am

In my opinion, the price is a bit high.
Not so high that I'd say without a doubt you're getting raped, but getting there, and more than I think the bike is worth.
To me, $4,000 sounds fair if the bike is truly in mint condition, and less for any flaw.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?   Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:08 pm

"good deal" is very subjective.

I too think it's on the high range of reasonable. I wouldn't pay that much for it.

However - you are the only one who can judge what a good deal is. If you really really want a 250x, and they are very hard to come by in your area, and after many months of searching and searching this is the best deal you've found, and you REALLY want THIS bike because of the shape it's in, the color, the year, the mileage, the lack of mods, and proximity to where you live......then you have to be the one to decide if it's a fair price.

Take $4000 cash. Offer that. See what happens. Winter is just around the corner. As is another calendar year.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
cug

PostSubject: Re: Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?   Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:21 pm

I paid 4700 for a 2010 WR250X with:

- Custom graphics
- Yamalink lowering links
- Low seat (in addition to the OEM)
- Renthal bars
- ProGrips
- Graves Exhaust tip (anybody interested?)

790 miles, like new condition. Rode it home from LA to the SF South Bay. Awesome bike. Worth doing a fly and ride.
Back to top Go down
canstein

PostSubject: Re: Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?   Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:26 pm

From your responses it sounds high. The bike is supposed to be mint but it's an hour away. I'd have to get a uhaul trailer to bring it back and I was planning on having a dealer give it a once over while I was there before finalizing the sale. Both of those things are going to add additional cost.
Back to top Go down
canstein

PostSubject: Re: Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?   Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Also Cug, that seems like a ridiculous deal! I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
cug

PostSubject: Re: Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?   Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:41 pm

It was a very good price with all the stuff included. I'll put the original links on soon (hurt my back yesterday I would be working on it right now) and the OEM seat. Will keep the lowering links and the lower seat around for a while.

Will sell the exhaust tip, and add some other parts. In the end, this bike wasn't cheap for me as I actually wanted to start with an R, but what the heck? R sized wheels are on order, tires, tubes, some other stuff, too. And I'll be out in November for a DS ride. Then back to street rubber with the X wheels, probably through most of the winter. It's a very versatile bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?   Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thread: Is this a good deal on a 2009 wr250x (USA)?
Page 1 of 1