Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Is this a good deal or not?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
michael21

Is this a good deal or not? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a good deal or not?   Is this a good deal or not? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:40 pm

So after joining this group last night I have come across an X and wanted to get your guys take on this. Here is the stuff that is on the bike and he wants a firm 3800 for the bike. The bike has a FULL FMF Powercore 4 exhaust with a stainless PowerBomb header, FMF fuel programmer, K&N air filter, PowerMadd handguards W/mirrors, black Pro Taper handlebar, aftermarket turn signals(front & rear), it also has a rear taillight kit installed. The oil and filters were changed @ 100mi, 300mi, 700mi, 1,500, 2,000 using the recommended Yamalube. The bike has never been dropped or wrecked and looks new and runs better than new. It also have a transferrable warranty, good until 2013. So all this sounds really good and I wanted to get a reality check from you guys on the board. He has all the origional parts also. I like the fact that it has a warranty till 2013. Anyway any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal or not?   Is this a good deal or not? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:04 pm

2008 I'm guessing. Sounds like a hell of a good price and it has some good mods done. Do you know/trust the guy?
Back to top Go down
michael21

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal or not?   Is this a good deal or not? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:06 pm

I don't know the guy just talked to him on the phone but he seemed very honest and open about everything. Yes it is an 08, I like that color the best and he said that he has not had a problem with the fuel pump but the warranty does go until 2013. He said the bike was purchased in 08 and I didn't think warranties could go out that far.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal or not?   Is this a good deal or not? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Sounds like he bought the YES extended warranty.
So it has around 2000 miles?
Seems like a good deal to me.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal or not?   Is this a good deal or not? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Take this for what it's worth...which is very little.

Sounds like too good of a deal.
Makes me wonder what's wrong.

I'm skeptical though....

There's roughly about $1000 worth of mods, plus all the stock stuff on the side.
Low miles. Great shape.

I'm sitting here wondering "What's wrong with this picture?"

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
michael21

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal or not?   Is this a good deal or not? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:45 pm

I agree it sounds really good but here on the east coast it seems X's don't really have a good resale. Looking at craigslist I saw one go a week ago for 3250 and it was on there for about a month and there is one close to me thats going for 3600 with a Yoshi slip on thats been on there for at least a week. I am going to meet him tommorrow and I am pretty sure he will let me take it for a spin. If anything major is wrong I am sure the YES would cover it. He said he bought it and would take it to work, works at a bike shop about 12 miles from his house. Then he said he started biking to work so now it sits. It seems most X's that are for resale have less than about 5k miles on them. I have been researching this and the DRZ for what seems like years and have hopefully stumbled upon something good. Maybe its a sign.
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal or not?   Is this a good deal or not? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Sounds great but if you do buy it hang on to all the original parts because you may need to put them back on if you have a warranty claim and that includes disconnecting the programmer.

Oh and if you buy it, we want pictures..... Is this a good deal or not? 93746
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a good deal or not?   Is this a good deal or not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a good deal or not?
Page 1 of 1