Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Review after Crash

Go down 
+4
ZED
SheWolf
derm75
YamWOW!
8 posters
AuthorMessage
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: Review after Crash   Review after Crash EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:44 pm

Just wanted review the gear I wear. I had a crash today from third gear to stop fast. cry After laying flat in the woods trying to catch my breath and seeing if all my parts still move. I felt lucky I was wearing some top of the line gear.

Review after Crash DSCN0635

First off
Just my upper body took the blow.

Review after Crash Crash008

Bell Moto 8 hit hard sheared off the visor bolt. No head trauma. Why buy a cheap helmet. scratch

Review after Crash Crash007

RockGaurdn Flak jacket. This I know saved broken ribs and arm damage. I can't say enough about the coverage on this suit.

Review after Crash Crash011

The bruises on the arm and ribs haven't developed yet. lurk Got to admit I'm post happy. wink I would take a picture of my chest but I don't want to excite the XR650R guys.

I also wear a Leatt neck brace that I can only wonder if it helped because my neck is fine.

Take two of these.......

Review after Crash Crash006

....and one of these. Oh ya this is not recommended for children or adults for that matter.

Review after Crash Crash010

All in all my friends say I look like a Storm Trooper and roll their eyes about how over protected I am but who has had the last laugh? poser2 Or maybe not. wink

Please spare no Expense on safety. That should be your first mod.

The bike..... cry deal https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/adventure-reports-f9/crash-adventure-t591.htm

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: good protection   Review after Crash EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Good protection is awesome. I wear a sixsixone pressure suit, Arai XD helmet, Alpinestars Tech3 boots, shin/knee guards. I've wondered about the Leatt brace myself.
Glad you are ok.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review after Crash   Review after Crash EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:07 am

Have you got a hot tub? Even a good soak in a hot bath will feel good. You're one lucky camper...glad you're alright.

ZED

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review after Crash   Review after Crash EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:18 am

I too believe in good gear. Everytime I pick myself up and look at the rash on my suit I think about the silly people that think Denim is protective.

I don't ride off road that much or that serious that I think I need a neck brace
I think the weekest places in my various gear is rib protection. They certainly get bruised, and a month ago a cracked a couple.

Suggestions on rib protection anyone?
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review after Crash   Review after Crash EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 2:58 pm

ZED wrote:

I think the weekest places in my various gear is rib protection. They certainly get bruised, and a month ago a cracked a couple.

How about wearing some full plastic MX armor suit? I am using an Acerbis Zoom II which has got front, rear and rear lateral protection. Did some hard pancake landing with my EXC200 speeding offroad at sixth gear when my handlebar suddenly came across. No bad injury, no damage at protectors, but food in front pocket of my jacket worn on top of armor was totally pulverized.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review after Crash   Review after Crash EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:07 am

I thought I would just tag along Very happy

My left glove...wrist enclosure area
Review after Crash Photo0382z

My right glove... knuckle area
Review after Crash Photo0383x

My SIDI... right
Review after Crash Photo0384w

and finally... my leather... cry

Start from the top... right shoulder cup
Review after Crash Photo0390g

And then... the right arm (there goes the logo cry )
Review after Crash Photo0387k

and lastly... the left knee area
Review after Crash Photo0389
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review after Crash   Review after Crash EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Saw the post on ADVRider, too. Glad you're okay.

Good gear is reasonably comfortable AND it saves your hide. I lowsided at about 50 mph on a tight turn at a track day, and I almost managed to get the bike back through tech inspection before the end of the session. Think about that: I hit the deck at 50 and was ready to ride in about 20 minutes.

I used to race bicycles. I crashed twice racing, once with road rash along the entire side of my body that took about 2 weeks (and $100+ in 2nd skin burn pads) to heal. That happened at about 25 mph.

ZED wrote:
I too believe in good gear. Everytime I pick myself up and look at the rash on my suit I think about the silly people that think Denim is protective.

I don't ride off road that much or that serious that I think I need a neck brace

http://www.johnsonleather.com/forcefield_chest.htm
Back to top Go down
skierd

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review after Crash   Review after Crash EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Glad to see you're alright! I had a bunch of low speed crashed this weekend on the trail, and I know the only way I ended up mostly riding out was the pressure suit, boots, and other gear I had on.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review after Crash   Review after Crash EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Someone needs some 606's... deal Glad you made it out ok. Don't yor MX pants have hip pads in them? Mine came with them and can be taken out with the Velcro tabs.

Review after Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review after Crash   Review after Crash Empty

Back to top Go down

Review after Crash
Page 1 of 1