Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Crash!

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
gatorfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Erosion netting doesn't work! Was flying up this hill and as soon as I realized something wasn't right with my footing I was face planted in a deep washout. My head was next to the front tire and my feet were facing the sky. It happened like a gunshot. I never knew what hit me.

Yeah it hurt. Bikes ok, nothing to show but some scratches. Laminer Lip windscreen broke off as it's supposed to. cheers Couldn't even find my googles!!! Kuddos to 3 y.o. OEM battery which fired up after I left ignition switch on for 15 minutes while I licked my wounds. thumb

I almost left the armor in the car as it was hot out. Luckily I didn't as my left arm and shoulder took big hit. Head took biggest hit against rock at bottom of ditch.

That's my buddy on an XT 225 in backround. He jumped off after he saw me disappear into a whole in the earth. From his angle all he saw was my rear tire and the bottom of my boots.

I'm gonna be hurtin' tomorrow.

Crash!  Gopr0010
Crash!  Gopr0013
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Ow... Crash!  640571 yep, you're gonna be QQ tomorrow. Glad you didn't break anything and you'll be able to ride again once everything isn't quite so sore. Damn field got a bit hungry trying to eat both of you. Crash!  729626

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Man, that is perfect camoflage for the field. At speed it would like a perfectly stable hill that a person could have some fun on. Glad you were not hurt too badly ! Do you mind if I ask what kind of armour you were wearing ( not intending to hijack the thread, so you can just pm me if you wish) ?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:42 pm

saddletramp wrote:
... Do you mind if I ask what kind of armour you were wearing ? ...

Troy Lee Descender. I'm never riding without it again. Just inspected it. Left side took some hits.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/10/8664/ITEM/Troy-Lee-Designs-Descender-Protector.aspx
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:41 am

Were you unfamiliar with the terrain?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:41 am

YZEtc wrote:
Were you unfamiliar with the terrain?

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:53 am

I'm thinking not.
I've done that before, so you're not alone.
I did learn that it pays to familiarize myself with where I'm riding, though.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:15 am

Ouch! Glad you were not hurt more, that looks like the ground tried to swallow you.

Curious, where were you riding?

I'll be in FL the first 2 weeks of Feb (sister lives Spring Hill.) I've got an X with 100% street tires, but not-too-sandy dirt roads are OK.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm

deerHater wrote:
Ouch! Glad you were not hurt more, that looks like the ground tried to swallow you.

Curious, where were you riding?

I'll be in FL the first 2 weeks of Feb (sister lives Spring Hill.) I've got an X with 100% street tires, but not-too-sandy dirt roads are OK.

Withlacoochee State Forest in Inverness. Maybe 45 min from Spring Hill. We seem to have wandered onto private property Shog though b/c this would have been marked on public land.

Croom is right near Spring Hill. It's sandy everywhere down here. But tires are not the big difference in sand, it's weight.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:06 pm

That looks like a custom made motorcycle trap!

When you used the word "flying" I knew it was going to be trouble... :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crash!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash!    Crash!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Crash!
Page 1 of 1