Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

flywheel weight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
motofishman

flywheel weight Empty
PostSubject: flywheel weight   flywheel weight EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:23 am

Do a lot of very tight/rough trails, 12/43 gearing is helping, anybody heard of a flywheel weight for these little beasts?
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

flywheel weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: flywheel weight   flywheel weight EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:33 am

Could you weigh it for us and put it in the weight sticky? Very happy

ZED

flywheel weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: flywheel weight   flywheel weight EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:02 am

I keep hoping someone's going to have one off and take pictures and weigh it so we can look at options, but so far no one has. You could boldly go where no man (or fish or wolf) has gone before! Very happy
Back to top Go down
Broo C em

flywheel weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: flywheel weight   flywheel weight EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:59 pm

FWIW I've had them made for various jap singles over the years, usually just a steel 'ring' shrunk onto the oem flywheel .. . . but that was on bikes with some space to fill between the case & oem item .. . . without taking the cover off my WR2 for a looksee, & judging by the outside diameter of the case over the flywheel end, there isnt going to be enough clearance to make it worth the ffort .. . . .sorry .. . . Shog

BrooC DownUnder
Back to top Go down

flywheel weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: flywheel weight   flywheel weight EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:57 pm

Havent taken the clutch out yet but sometimes you can replace aluminum friction discs with steel friction discs and get the heaver flywheel effect... Used to do that on the Honda CR's but I bet the WR already has steel discs in it because the CR's would contaminate the oil pretty quick with the stock aluminum ones...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

flywheel weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: flywheel weight   flywheel weight Empty

Back to top Go down

flywheel weight
Page 1 of 1