Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Charging System

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwsmith

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Charging System   Charging System EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Last weekend me and another guy did an overnighter. While running down a fire road my check engine light came on and shortly after the bike quit running. Traced the problem down to a dead battery. So determined that some thing was wrong with the charging system but needed to get home. We made up a jumper wire to go between the bikes. We let one bike idle for about 20 minutes charging my bikes battery. That would get us down the road about 20 - 30 minutes, repeated until we got home.

Charging System Bike-Jumper-Wire-L

Did a little trouble shooting. Plulled the connector off the rectifier regulator and probed the contacts while the bike was idling. I got 9volts AC from three of the contacts and around 27 volts from one and nothing from the other. I fiugured this meant the stator was doing its thing. So I purchased a regulator rectifier.

I recieved the regulator rectifier and installed but the charging system still does not charge the battery. The battery slowly drains as the bike is running due to the fuel pump. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or any suggestions to the possible problem.

Thanks,

dwsmith69@hotmail.com

Last edited by dwsmith on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caan Saer

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:58 pm

check the electronic shop manual sticky in the general maintanence section for a wiring diagram. all i know about electrics is keep my feet out of the bucket when i hold those 2 wires and if the smoke gets out it is broke. you may just be low on smoke since it is only giving 9v.
sean
Back to top Go down
dwsmith

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:05 am

I tried downloading from the link provided in the general maintanence section and recieved some nice malware. Took awhile to figure how to get rid of the malware. Friend of mine sent me a link from thrumper talk that worked http://m.box.com/view_shared/seek2o9zlj . After reading the manual it looks like I need to go back and take a closer look at the stator.

Charging System Stator-Check-L

Let you know what I find.
Back to top Go down
dwsmith

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Drum roll please and the resistance is:

.298 and .352

Looks like new stator time. Hopefully I can get one, looks like they are on back order at cheap cycle parts.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/6310-yamaha-2008-wr250r-wr25rxl/assemblies/206381

001 STATOR ASSY
This part is on backorder.
3D7-81410-00-00 1 $136.49
Back to top Go down
dwsmith

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:32 am

3 weeks to get a new stator
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:01 pm

dwsmith wrote:
Drum roll please and the resistance is:

.298 and .352

Looks like new stator time. Hopefully I can get one, looks like they are on back order at cheap cycle parts.

Out of curiousity, what was the third measurement ?
Back to top Go down
dwsmith

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Specification .168 to .252

+White1 to -White2 = .348

+white1 to -white3 = .299

+white2 to -white3 = .050
Back to top Go down
dwsmith

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Looks a little melty.

Charging System IMGP2090-L

Charging System IMGP2089-L
Back to top Go down
v-tec

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:47 pm

dwsmith wrote:
Specification .168 to .252

+White1 to -White2 = .348

+white1 to -white3 = .299

+white2 to -white3 = .050

OK Thats the problem, But more important what was the cause, You dont want to fry your new one.

I would say that the rectifier may of had some fused wires inside, Resulting in battery volts reaching the stator and melting it,
Make sure all new connection are sound and clean, do you think any wires have chaffed and gone to ground,

Just you dont want to trash your new parts.

Good luck

V-tec
Back to top Go down
dwsmith

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Recieved my new stator. They were a little off on their delivery estimate.

Charging System Stator-New-Large-L

Now just need the gasket so I can put it all back together.

Charging System Stator-New-2-Large-L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charging System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging System   Charging System Empty

Back to top Go down

Charging System
Page 1 of 1