Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hand guards Extra Wind Protection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bsheet2

bsheet2

Hand guards Extra Wind Protection Empty
PostSubject: Hand guards Extra Wind Protection   Hand guards Extra Wind Protection EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:26 pm

I was faced with a 90 mile ride in 35 to 38 degree weater a few weeks ago. I had added heated grips to my WRR. But the Acerbis hand guards offer little in the way od wind protection. So I was fussing over it the night before. I had a set of the bolt on larger wind guards for D-Flex hand guards. I use these on my KLR. I started holding these up to my WRR hand guards and they looked like they might work. 30 minutes later, I had some really supurb wind protection on my WRR. They almost look like they were made to do this. Here are a few pics.

You can see the wind guards now cup all the way back over the top of my hands.
Hand guards Extra Wind Protection Wind_protect_2

Just one little bolt through both hand guard plastics hold it on just fine.
Hand guards Extra Wind Protection Wind_protect_3

No wind at all on my fingers. They are completely shielded.
Hand guards Extra Wind Protection Wind_protect_1

The pictures are not great. But hopefully you will get the idea.

These spoilers are $10 at Rocky Mountain ATV. This mod is well worth it if you have too much wind on your hands in cold weather. The heated grips are great too!
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=191&navTitle=Handlebars-Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=9599
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hand guards Extra Wind Protection   Hand guards Extra Wind Protection EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Another Option are "Elephant Ear" Oversized Hand Deflectors by MSR. I've never used them, but they've come highly recommended from DirtRider Magazine. I think you can find them for about $25 too. I guess they fit OVER your existing hand guard.

Hand guards Extra Wind Protection Msr-3410

(above) Random Photo found on Google Image Search. (below) MSR Catalog shot of the Hand Deflectors.

Hand guards Extra Wind Protection Msr-el10
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: Hand guards Extra Wind Protection   Hand guards Extra Wind Protection EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 pm

I just put these on my WRR...

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?level1=1756&level2=1782&level3=1784&level4=1801&product_group_id=7260

Sorry- no pics yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand guards Extra Wind Protection   Hand guards Extra Wind Protection Empty

Back to top Go down

Hand guards Extra Wind Protection
Page 1 of 1