Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted

Go down 
+4
ZED
X-RoadRider
SheWolf
motokid
8 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted Empty
PostSubject: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Just got my WR250X on May31st. A 2008 used bike with only 320 miles. I've doubled the miles now and I'm completely in love with this bike.

I sold my 2002 R1 to get it.
Before that I had an FZR400. I used to roadrace in AMA/CCS and WERA races at Summit Point.
Before that I had a 500 Interceptor.

Besides a few years of owning a YSR50 this WR250X is the smallest, lightest motorcycle I've ever owned.

And honestly, it's the most fun I've had on two wheels in ages.

I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted DSCF8671

One day I dream of having white plastic with red accents. Traditional Yamaha colors.
I hate the Yamaha Blue, but on this bike I can live with it. For now.
I have a 12 tooth countershaft sprocket in the mail on it's way to my house right now.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Welcome to the pack! thumb I smell more modding...farkle farkle farkle... wink

X-RoadRider

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:48 pm

Yay! Another Blue Kool-Aid Kult Member! Muhahahahahah! wink

By the way, why'd you pick the X over the R?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:50 pm

Thanks.

Maybe a FMF Q4 slip-on. I like stealth, so nothing real loud.
Before that I want a EFI programmer. Something that will let me open up the breathing.

Mainly I need, and want seat time. I want to learn to ride this thing like it's stolen.
I am the weakest link by far.
I really want some dirt experience. I have no dirt experience at all.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:52 pm

X-RoadRider wrote:

By the way, why'd you pick the X over the R?

Simply because that's the one I wanted. I'm a street guy first. Never been in the dirt ever.
Most of my riding is gonna be street too. Wanted street tires and all.

I love this thing. I can't believe how easy it rails corners. I have not even begun to test the limits of lean on this thing and I just giggle all the time.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:03 pm

The Attitude tuner is a good one, and the cheapest of all 3. Derek's a great guy to deal with. I'm waiting for my Q4 to get here; hopefully in the next couple of days. Sounds like I might have another one being shipped as they accidentally shipped 2 I was told. 2 for the price of one!!! cheers

motokid

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:08 pm

SheWolf wrote:
The Attitude tuner is a good one, and the cheapest of all 3.

Hmmm....not familiar with that one. I'll have to look it up.

I have read a lot about the FMF and the PCIII obviously.

Got a link to the Attitude tuner?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:12 pm

The 'TUDE. I've sent quite a few guys his way. It's nice to be able to talk right to the guy who developed it (and the FMF way back, when he was with Dubach Racing, when it was first introduced). thumb

motokid

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Thank you lots. Love reading about new toys.

I don't see anything on that website that's specific to the WR250X.

Only motorcycle they list is some kind of Suzuki.
Back to top Go down
X-RoadRider

X-RoadRider

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:47 pm

One think I will say about the X though, that black frame is DAMNED SEXY. Could you imagine that frame with Yammie Yellow plastics? droooool
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:50 pm

He hasn't got it listed because he custom made it for my bike...but he's done up a whack more since I posted about it. He said he'll have to add that in there after all of the hoopla. Very happy Just tell him you talked to me and he'll know what you are looking for. I can help you with it too, but he's always available to ask questions at any time. Good PR. thumb

ZED

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:35 pm

motokid wrote:
Just got my WR250X on May31st. A 2008 used bike with only 320 miles. I've doubled the miles now and I'm completely in love with this bike.

I sold my 2002 R1 to get it.
And honestly, it's the most fun I've had on two wheels in ages.
Funny that. The guy I bought WRX from sold it to buy an R1.
I like this way better. The WRX is the most fun I've had on a moving bike under 90km/hr (55 for you southern folk) thumb

Welcome to the club!
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:48 pm

Welcome to the group. Nice to have another X'er with all the dirt nuts around here. Very happy
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Give me a WHITE!

Give me an X!

What's that?

WHITE X!

welcome beavis
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 5:48 am

mtb wrote:
Give me a WHITE!

Give me an X!

What's that?

WHITE X!

welcome beavis

Hey!!!! I know you.

Post your white WR250X pics here for all the folks to see. It's beyond awesome.

Thanks for the welcome people.

This bike makes me feel like a friggin kid again.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 7:17 am

SheWolf wrote:
He hasn't got it listed because he custom made it for my bike...but he's done up a whack more since I posted about it. He said he'll have to add that in there after all of the hoopla. Very happy Just tell him you talked to me and he'll know what you are looking for. I can help you with it too, but he's always available to ask questions at any time. Good PR. thumb

I sent him an email. Will post the response.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:24 am

Best way to contact him is to call his cell number. He'll be able to tell you what you need right there. It's on the contact page, if you want. thumb

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 6:05 pm

Awesome motokid. I just got my R² and I love it! I agree, I hate Yamaha blue....but, with this bike, it is OK and wheeling cycle has some tempting plastics. wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted   I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm 46 years old - and I'm Addicted
Page 1 of 1