Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Quick note on Dynabeads

Go down 
+2
motokid
pbnut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pbnut

pbnut

Quick note on Dynabeads Empty
PostSubject: Quick note on Dynabeads   Quick note on Dynabeads EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:44 pm

I installed Dynabeads on my X a few weeks back.

Last weekend I got a puncture in my tube.

To make a long story short, I retrieved te beads, but what I found when I cut the bad tube open was nasty. Water, whether from condensation due to colder temps, the compressor I used (which has since been drained), or the actual recent TINY puncture (unlikely the source), got into the tube and mixed with the powder within. I presume this powder is there to keep the tube from sticking to itself during the packaged portion of it's life, but it is there nonetheless.

If you suspect water has gotten into your tube you can expect a mess should you ever need to replace it and want to retrieve the beads.

Good news is the beads do not float in water, and therefor can be rinsed into a big bucket/bowl/whatever, drained of most water, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, and set out to dry. They take forever to dry so helping the process along with a paper towel cuts the time down. Any hint of water and they will unch together.

Nearly dry: (container is nearly on it's side; i.e. they're still sticking to the bottom)
Quick note on Dynabeads Dscn1040
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Quick note on Dynabeads   Quick note on Dynabeads EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Also, if you find yourself in the same boat I did, don't use a plastic container. These beads are pretty sensitive to static electricity, and will stick the container regardless.

Ask me how I know... budah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick note on Dynabeads   Quick note on Dynabeads EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:47 am

Try putting them in a zip-up pillow case and tossing them in the drier on low. I've never handled them before, but that makes sence to me. I'm also really impatient.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Quick note on Dynabeads   Quick note on Dynabeads EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 2:25 pm

I don't understand why anyone would want the hassle of dealing with such things.

Especially on a small SUMO like the 250X.....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: Quick note on Dynabeads   Quick note on Dynabeads EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:35 pm

What I don't understand is going thru to hassle to wash your balls when for about $5 you can get fresh ones?
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Quick note on Dynabeads   Quick note on Dynabeads EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 am

sewerat wrote:
What I don't understand is going thru to hassle to wash your balls when for about $5 you can get fresh ones?

They're my balls and my soap. I'll wash 'em as much as I want to! bannana
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: Quick note on Dynabeads   Quick note on Dynabeads EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Do you find that the beads do a good job? Read various threads and it seems just as many for as against so i have no idea if they work or not... dunno
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Quick note on Dynabeads   Quick note on Dynabeads EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:48 pm

I've had them in mine pretty much from the start. For me, they work fine. Only time I had a problem was when one of the beads got stuck in the valve, but it's nothing if I consider how nice the wheels handle when riding. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Quick note on Dynabeads   Quick note on Dynabeads Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick note on Dynabeads
Page 1 of 1