Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PCV note and a question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pbnut

pbnut

PCV note and a question Empty
PostSubject: PCV note and a question   PCV note and a question EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:23 pm

My bike had been acting up for a while. If I rolled the throttle on too slowly it would cut out and die. It would also idle pretty crappy after about 5 seconds after a cold start. Once warmed it was fine. I finally dug into the problem today. I hooked up my laptop and started the bike. The on screen display for RPM, throttle %, speed, etc all came up and displayed as it should. Once I revved the bike though, the throttle % reading would go from 0%, 1, 2, 3, 100%. Problem solved! I recalibrated the throttle sensor and all was well. I would caution other PCV users to check their calibrations as well. My low end voltage was in the .73 area, and before calibration the max voltage was .74... After calibration it's something like 3.94. This jives with the readings from the Autotune as well. Trims were only being suggested at 100% throttle.
I took the bike for a quick ride and it's all buttery smooth now. Very happy 

My question to other PCV users is this: did you have to have the bike running to get your high end voltage reading? I don't recall doing this before so maybe this has been an issue all along. I couldn't get any reading with the bike off, on, kill switch in either position, etc. The only option was to start the bike and peg the throttle.
I think my R6 was able to calibrate with the engine off. Maybe that's where I'm getting confused. dunno 
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PCV note and a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV note and a question   PCV note and a question EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:45 am

Been a while but I'm fairly positive I set my tps with engine off.
Back to top Go down

PCV note and a question
Page 1 of 1