Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

newbie here with high altitude question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
meloman

newbie here with high altitude question Empty
PostSubject: newbie here with high altitude question   newbie here with high altitude question EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm considering buying a wrx and I'm glad I found this forum. (I'm looking at one in showroom condition with 6K miles for $2500).

I live in Colorado at over 5000 ft. and most dirt trails are between 6 and 10,000 ft.

I've only ridden a new demo bike around town on level ground. It felt all choked up and lethargic but was still fun.

My concern is whether the x has enough power for going up hills at high altitude. I'd hate to buy one and find I can only ride it on mostly level ground.

I've watched every video on You Tube but none showed any hill climbing.

Any Colorado or other high altitude riders out there who can give me their input ? I'd eventually like to hook up with any wrx riders in Colorado.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: newbie here with high altitude question   newbie here with high altitude question EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:10 pm

You won't find a "showroom condition" X or R for $2500 dude.

That's just unrealistic.

6000 miles is just barely broken in.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: newbie here with high altitude question   newbie here with high altitude question EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Quote :
Any Colorado or other high altitude riders out there who can give me their input ?
I live in Salida, CO at 7,200' and have ridden over 12,000' on my 2009 WR250R with no problems. Actually, it's more fun and enjoyable than some other motos I've ridden at these elevations. The WRX should be about the same as the WRR. Check it out:
Rick's WR250R <-- linky
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: newbie here with high altitude question   newbie here with high altitude question EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:19 pm

The benefit of fuel injection and computers.... wings

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie here with high altitude question   newbie here with high altitude question Empty

Back to top Go down

newbie here with high altitude question
Page 1 of 1