Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

X fork protectors on R

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cryptomundo

X fork protectors on R Empty
PostSubject: X fork protectors on R   X fork protectors on R EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:22 pm

has anyone tried to put X fork protectors on an R? i assume they are shorter but wondering if they fit.

Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: X fork protectors on R   X fork protectors on R EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 pm

They'll fit fine. They aren't shorter but the brake line clamp is toward the middle of the guard on the X vs. the top on an R.
Back to top Go down
rodskies

PostSubject: Re: X fork protectors on R   X fork protectors on R EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:33 am

What about R fork guards on an X? Is the brake line mount going to be a problem? I'd like to put the white R guards on my white X =D
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: X fork protectors on R   X fork protectors on R EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 pm

I've swapped with an R rider. They fit identically.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: X fork protectors on R   X fork protectors on R EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:24 am

rodskies wrote:
What about R fork guards on an X? Is the brake line mount going to be a problem? I'd like to put the white R guards on my white X =D
You need to modify brake line clamp: cut off the lower (bent) part and let brake line run downwards instead of routing it right into the narrow space between fork tube and rim. It might get torn into it.
I am additionally using a cable tie to fix it to the inner side of the fork protector.
Regards, Phil
Back to top Go down
rodskies

PostSubject: Re: X fork protectors on R   X fork protectors on R EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:28 pm

I went ahead and ordered the guards from the local dealer, they are pretty cheap! I was surprised; and i'm gonna try the zeta brake line clamp instead of cutting the stock one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X fork protectors on R   X fork protectors on R Empty

Back to top Go down

X fork protectors on R
Page 1 of 1