Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRX love in Philly!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BeerKatBlue

WRX love in Philly! Empty
PostSubject: WRX love in Philly!   WRX love in Philly! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:22 am

I'm totally new to the sport, and after six months of searching for just the right bike (BMW F650's, GS 500's, Kawi & Honda 250's, Blasts), I came across the perfect bike for me -- an '08 WR250X -- an I'm totally in love!

I'm 5'4", so my boyfriend had to adjust the rear suspension and install a YamaLink in order for me to even get my feet on the ground, but once I could, wow! So light and nimble, with a lovely throaty after-market exhaust, and with the aggressive super-moto look I love.

The only plus-side of this non-winter winter here in southeast PA (nearly 60 degrees on Xmas day!) is that I can get out to practice and not freeze my $&^# off. :) In fact, maybe I'll go do that today.... Can't wait to get out on some short camping-tours this summer! :)
Back to top Go down
mars77

mars77

PostSubject: Re: WRX love in Philly!   WRX love in Philly! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:28 pm

I went through the same process and was set on a BMW G650GS ready to pull the trigger until the ADV guys steered me away from it and guided me to a WR250R. I drove to PA last Friday to get it. It seems PA has a lot of them WR250R/Xs Very happy

I'm curious though... Is your X lower than my R?

Congrats on your new bike thumb
Back to top Go down
BeerKatBlue

PostSubject: Re: WRX love in Philly!   WRX love in Philly! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:31 pm

I just learned that it is, apparently! It's about the wheel size -- the X's front and rear are smaller by a few inches, giving it overall a lower stance of about 1.5", according to the BF.

I guess PA has a lot of them? I don't know -- we had to look around quite a bit to find one, and the guy we bought it from had it on the market for something like 4 months with very little interest.

The BF and I test-rode two BMW thumpers -- an '03 F650CS and an '06 F650GS -- and both were quite vibey and lethargic compared to the WRX. We actually didn't find this bike until after our regional search for BMW's petered out, and after riding the WR, my BF said he didn't know why we even considered the F650's. I kind of have to agree -- it's so easy, fun and light-weight, and I can install my own heated grips, accessory port and some luggage on my own if I need to in the future.

Finally got it out on my first non-parking-lot-practice ride today, and it was great!! Can't wait to do some longer rides. Hope you're enjoying the R! :) Keep the rubber side down.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WRX love in Philly!   WRX love in Philly! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Welcome to the pack! Lots of good info on here. thumb

motokid

PostSubject: Re: WRX love in Philly!   WRX love in Philly! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm near Landenberg, Kennett Square, and Chadds Ford.

You get down that way ever?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRX love in Philly!   WRX love in Philly! Empty

Back to top Go down

WRX love in Philly!
Page 1 of 1