Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI   Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:30 am

The low noise is definately quieter which I believe is good because the delta barrel 4 is a loud pipe to begin with (some say). My butt dyno had trouble dialing in the differences as I still consider myself a newb to riding. Regardless, my wife, while driving behind me on the highway, did not feel like an attack helicopter was circling above. Which was her comment about my pipe with the "sawed-off" Restrictor I had in it when I bought the system (used). Anyways, a huge improvement and I highly recommend if you're looking to quiet your delta pipe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI   Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:57 pm

After further riding, the low noise insert takes away from the mids a little (per my still calibrating butt dyno). The noise is much more acceptable for tooling around in residential areas too. However, "I got a fever, an the only cureis more cowbell" err I mean the only cure is for the "BRRRRAAAAP" of the regular insert.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI   Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:16 am

Yep, agreed. I am torn between the two. If I go with the restrictor, as mine is cut like yours, I need to wear ear plugs but is does have a nice bark to it. The LNInsert does steal a bit out of the middle but I can ride without plugs. What to do. I bought a spark arrestor and DB Dawg. It was a nice in between sound but as in this pic

Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI - Page 2 Th_df12ffce

you can see it didn't last. WTF, I know. I tend to go with the ear plug version on road and I run the stock in the restricted areas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI   Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:02 am

Go for the original Restrictor then. I really only use the Low-Noise because I ride mine to/from work at 8am. The original will give you a more pronounced bark. Talk to Forrest at wheeling cycles. He's great to work with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI   Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Delta Barrel 4 exhaust FYI
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2