Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

LocTite on seat bolts?

Go down 
+17
Just Bob
foofighter
Coop
Delta_T
dulinor
mcdoudlehopper
Marylucky
wristpin
IAmABug
DragonNester
TwilightZone
alansz400
gatorfan
freetors
mucker
motokid
Kansas Bob
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Coop

Coop

LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 am

I like the wing bolt idea too. I might go this route but need to find a solution I am happy with to secure them. I already lost one seat bolt and I have only put 100 miles on my bike since I had the seat off.
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:54 am

Why not use a releasable cable tie instead of one that you need to cut after each use. That way you would have no need for any tools and it would probably last at least a few riding seasons.

Link
Back to top Go down
Kansas Bob

Kansas Bob

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:49 pm

foofighter wrote:
Why not use a releasable cable tie instead of one that you need to cut after each use. That way you would have no need for any tools and it would probably last at least a few riding seasons.

Link

I had been thinking about the reusable plastic ties, and never thought about the stainless ones. The only thing is, out in the field, about 50% of the time the whole setup will be caked with mud making them a little tough to work on. I probably will get a reusable plastic tie and use it the next time I have the seat off. At least if it's caked with mud I can still cut it off with my multi tool.
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:15 am

You could go "full race" with a bit of plastic tubing, safety wire and clips. Pic from my avatar bike. Same thing is done on brake calipers with a clip on each end of the wire.

LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 Cimg2322lt5
Back to top Go down
Kansas Bob

Kansas Bob

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:15 am

I like the clip idea Just Bob! I think there is a good selection at the TSC just down the road. :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:27 pm

I borrowed this idea. Makes getting the seat off nice and easy and no chance of them coming loose. LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 50aa8154LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 6475b9fa
Just cut the SS clips to the right length and put a thread on to them. Job done thumb
Back to top Go down
essadv

essadv

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:41 pm

I lost mine on a 150 mile dirt ride. Put on blue loctite from then on. At 20k miles no more lost and no trouble getting them off.
Back to top Go down
Curbhopper

PostSubject: This is my setup after I lost both on the same day.   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:01 pm

This is my setup after I lost both on the same day.

LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 2012-04-14191016

I use an electrical wire #14 AWG(solid) to bend around the key rings, makes easy on/off,s
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Monkeynuts wrote:
I borrowed this idea. Makes getting the seat off nice and easy and no chance of them coming loose. LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 50aa8154LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 6475b9fa
Just cut the SS clips to the right length and put a thread on to them. Job done thumb

Where did ya find those ?
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:23 pm

I got them on that well known auction site ! They are called LYNCH PINS stainless steel 6mm. used on horse boxes, hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Kansas Bob

Kansas Bob

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Curbhopper wrote:
This is my setup after I lost both on the same day.

LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 2012-04-14191016

I use an electrical wire #14 AWG(solid) to bend around the key rings, makes easy on/off,s

cheers cheers cheers #14 THHN copper wire! I can't imagine I didn't think of it after being an electrician for 35 years. I've used it for so many things I guess this one just escaped me. I was working on my duct work at home today and had to access my drop ceiling............ #14 thhn holding it up! Very happy

I'm cutting off the ty-rap and going with it. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LocTite on seat bolts?   LocTite on seat bolts? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LocTite on seat bolts?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2