Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Death wings...

Go down 
+17
Akoffroader
shawngrodz
greer
Herkypilot
0007onWR
Jus42
Jäger
X-Racer
Chadx
Fargo_Wolf
BluePill
flatboarder
ZED
skierd
MeefZah
SheWolf
longtallsally
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
duanew

Death wings... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:24 am

I have a strange observation. It seems like to me that the stock 120/80 rear tire is more aggressive than the other size tires. The 4.10 on a previous bike seemed to have loser knobs and less aggressive. I am probably talking out of my hat.

I do think that a front tire is real important. I am thinking about a not dot front tire in the future maybe with a TW302 rear. I am looking at a Cheng Chen C755 or a Pirelli MT 16 front tire. The MT 16 front tire is a motocross tire that is supposed to be DOT approved. Death wings... - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
ModalGuy

ModalGuy

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:23 pm

I got over 5,300 miles out my trailwings. I finally got tired of sliding all over the place last Sunday. The Dunlop 606s are supposed to be at my door on Tuesday.

I'm looking forward to my first ever motorcycle tire change.

Death wings... - Page 2 Dscn6812
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:57 pm

TrailWings ROCK for off-road skill building. Did 3 hours of the nastiest riding ever last week. Grey mud (like grease), wet leaves over sometimes icy base, at least 200 water-filled potholes -whew! Kept checking to see if I had a flat tire, since the bike just didn't want to steer or hold a line. By the end of the run I had fallen back from mid pack to last of ten bikes, but I'm sure my skills increased 50%. If I put on some decent tires I should be un-stoppable! Death wings... - Page 2 379944
Back to top Go down
ModalGuy

ModalGuy

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:17 am

BluePill wrote:
TrailWings ROCK for off-road skill building. Did 3 hours of the nastiest riding ever last week. Grey mud (like grease), wet leaves over sometimes icy base, at least 200 water-filled potholes -whew! Kept checking to see if I had a flat tire, since the bike just didn't want to steer or hold a line. By the end of the run I had fallen back from mid pack to last of ten bikes, but I'm sure my skills increased 50%. If I put on some decent tires I should be un-stoppable! Death wings... - Page 2 379944

My 606's are on the UPS truck "out for delivery". I should have them in my hands in the next few hours. Once installed I should be un-stoppable as well. Death wings... - Page 2 525406
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:23 pm

* little did they realize they were unstoppable WITH the TWs *
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:53 am

In Arizona the daily riding diet here includes generous amounts of sand. The TW's were dreadful at first, but dropping the tire pressure down helped a lot. Will go for a 606 when these are toast. Not a favorite tire but rideable for me when deflated.

Agree a excellent tire for "off road skill building" Death wings... - Page 2 525406
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:20 am

I've grown to hate the stock front tire. I switched back to it out of convenience and price (free!), not bad on pavement or gravel, but god I hate it in sand or mud, its like riding on ice with this thing.

I can't wait to get a real front tire again...
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:47 am

Yea I am really not liking my front tire right now. I am constantly looking for good replacements, but I am trying to hold out until spring because I figure that I will be mostly riding street until it warms up.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:45 pm

duanew wrote:
Yea I am really not liking my front tire right now.

Same here, in rocks I'm getting by.

Death wings... - Page 2 Dscn0535

Got a chance to ride over the holidays. The sand is not trail wing friendly. Was hoping to wear them out first but, they have got to go... Death wings... - Page 2 911463

Death wings... - Page 2 Dscn0538l

Was there any Black Friday specials on 606's ? Death wings... - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:28 pm

i like my Pirelli MT21's. they are not as tall as the 606's either. Michelin has a new DOT out now too.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:33 pm

I ran a MT21 front and a 606 on the back of my DR650 and it worked well.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Bgunn wrote:

Death wings... - Page 2 Dscn0538l

Put on some 606's today. Going to Baja on Sunday, so proper tires were in order. Big difference, rode thru this in 2nd gear without much problem. Now the trailwings are part of the garage back drop. Death wings... - Page 2 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death wings...   Death wings... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Death wings...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2