Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?

Go down 
+3
gatorfan
mucker
aaronhall555
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Everytime I ride my wr250r, I ride it like a bat straight from hell. I bounce 5th gear wheelies everyday I ride, standing and bouncing with all my might on the pegs (not the passenger pegs), and click 6th. The fastest Iv'e reached on 1 wheel in 6th gear was an indicated 94 mph, but really I was only going 84 mph because my speedometer is about 9 or 10 mph off. I have ridden a wheelie in 6th gear for over 3 miles. Is anybody else out there doing this? I just havn't heard of anybody clicking 6th gear cat walks on this bike. The WR really is a tank of a bike. I weigh 152, and have a Q4 fmf pipe with insert removed (because it fell out lol), a FMF power programmer, 12 tooth front sprocket, AIS removed with ebay block off kit, airbox flapper JB welded down, aftermarket air filter of course, EXUP gone with removal of stock pipe, aaannnnddd thats about it!

Last edited by TimdogWR on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 pm

how many teeth on the rear sprocket? Just curious... and I have a hard time doing a wheelie in second gear, feels impossible in third gear. lol And that's with 13x47 sprockets. Plus my bike is pretty much stock, but I did glue the air box flap down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Stock rear sprocket! Mine bounces up easily in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th (never used clutch and Iv'e been doing wheelies for 14 years), 5th takes effort but I only have a prob bouncing 5th up to balance point (or past balance point haha ;) 1 out of every 10 times. Sometimes i do pull so hard in 5th bouncing it up though, that I almost rip my right hand off the bars completely...so It's not all that easy I guess, but I get it done.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:23 pm

If that's true?...
Give us some lessons, maybe some vids...
That's some shit for sure.
Any advise would be appreciated...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 pm

It's all true Mucker, I'm not lying. I would NOT recommend EVEN TRYING 4th, 5th or 6th gear wheelies, unless you are a master with the rear brake. In the high gears you have to be at least at balance point or past, and you don't have nearly as much engine braking. So when you bounce on the bike with all the man power you possibly have, compress that suspension, and pull up on the bars like your tugging a tree out of the ground, you have to be able to hit that rear brake of yours without even thinking about it. Really anyone with my body weight and bike setup can do it. It just takes a willingness to want to. You cannot lose focus or let your heartbeat raise even the slightest, even when it gets sketchy. Like I said, rear brake control, and once you master that rear brake, the sky is the limit for what you want to do on 1 wheel. You must stay calm and collected when your at 70 on the freeway, and when your front fender catches a gust of wind and tries to loop your bike out, you can't pannic, and just go to the rear brake. I always ride in thin sole tennis shoes by the way.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Someones gotta say it ..... Timdog, you're out of your fucking mind. I have friends in the fire department who shovel kids like you off the street every weekend. Get some armor and dial it down a notch or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:25 pm

+1

cheers

gatorfan wrote:
Someones gotta say it ..... Timdog, you're out of your fucking mind. I have friends in the fire department who shovel kids like you off the street every weekend. Get some armor and dial it down a notch or two.
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:04 am

I have only managed to bounce my bike up in 3rd gear so far but its an X and then the gearing is 42 in rear (stock).
Is it possible that it is a little bit easier to bounce the R model up because of the 21" front wheel? (bike is allready leaning more to the back??)

But serious, get some gear for protection. thumb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm not sure if the 21 inch front wheel makes it easier...the 12 tooth front sprocket sure as hell does though. Still stock 43 tooth in the rear.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Timdog, don't get protection, it'll only make you take more risks.
I'm not kidding, I've seen it so many times, people thinking that armor and neck braces can protect them from anything, and then ride like bats outta heck. There's a saying that the safest car in the world would be the one with a big spike coming out of the steering wheel...
You obviously have some serious skills, and that is better than any armor...
So, the advice to "tone it down" is probably true, but everyone has a different tone, and what you do on that little bike is probably tame compared to the guys on superbikes doing 100mph wheelies with their half naked girlfriends on the back.

Me, I just wanna be able to wheelie mine in full control at a slow speed...
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 pm

GusinCA wrote:
Timdog, don't get protection, it'll only make you take more risks.
I'm not kidding, I've seen it so many times, people thinking that armor and neck braces can protect them from anything, and then ride like bats outta heck. There's a saying that the safest car in the world would be the one with a big spike coming out of the steering wheel...
Once a year, in NH, I ride a very short distance on the street no moto protection. No helmet, but with sunglasses. Scares me silly! But it reinforces that I am not invulnerable the rest of the time when I wear full head to toe moto protective gear.
Back to top Go down
WRX17

WRX17

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:06 pm

I am so sick of hearing one motorcycle rider lecturing another about safety. These are the same morons who choose to ride for gas mileage and/or cause they think its cool looking. In reality anyone choosing to ride a motorcycle on a public road is pitting flesh and bone against glass and steel. The risk we take for the passion we love is and should be excepted by all riders and any idiot that thinks diffrent has no brain or has not been riding long enough to see there friend killed because of some middle age business man on his cell phone merge into them doing 70 on the freeway. We all choose to enjoy our love in a diffrent way, some ride cruisers, some ride dual sports and some ride bullet bikes made for nothing but speed but we all take the same risks by riding on public roads so lay off with your bullshit judgment and climb back into your smart car or whatever it is you up tight people drive when your not trying to look cool and leave the riders with actuall skill and passion alone to make there own decisions. As for the fifth gear wheel bounce, thanks it helped alot hearing how it is done and now im able to wheel bounce up to fourth, working on fifth. For all you squids, newbies and weekend warriors watch out cause you might just think your pretty cool looking until I walk past you doing eighty on the rear wheel and your girl ends up warming the back seat of my bike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Gusin CA...I like your comment. I'll be just fine with my helmet, gloves, kevlar reinforced jeans (when I get them ;) and riding jacket!
I am very aware of the risks I take on my bike! There is just no holding this man down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:13 pm

WRX17, you sir hit the fucking nail on the head!!! ding ding ding!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Read that comment again, love it!
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Nice rant! thumb

It's all risk benefit analysis, everyone makes their choices. IMHO the ones I believe are morons have never thought about the risks. Think about it, then make your own decisions.
So you're passing at 80 on the rear wheel to steal the girl? That's some high quality girl! poser2
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:48 pm

So if Timdog is doing 85 on one wheel and WRX17 is passing on one wheel doing 80 ... who gets the girl?
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 pm

We all do, because we all look bad ass on our WR250's ;-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Before we stunt ride maybe we should... never mind...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:40 pm

We should what?
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Learn how.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:49 pm

I kwow how :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm lazy, but I have a ton of great pics I'll upload of me doing all kinds of stuff...I 12 o'clock this bike slow and controlled, and I also 12 o'clock this bike in 4th gear while looking upside down at the car behind me...and much more.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:55 pm

I need you to go riding with me and teach me how to do a plain old controlled wheelie. I've been riding for 30 years, and I can do just about everything but that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?   I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

I bounce 5th gear wheelies on mine, and click 6th. Anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next