Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Electric SUMO?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Electric SUMO? Empty
PostSubject: Electric SUMO?   Electric SUMO? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:36 am

click here

"Wheelies are very important" thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

Electric SUMO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SUMO?   Electric SUMO? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:22 am

Very interesting, kinda cool too. But I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet. It's still a bit off from being a viable solution to rising gas prices. It's a great idea, cut down on emissions and all that, but as far as long distance hauling, they say it only cost the bike 30$ to go across the country... Yeah, with a generator truck and support vehicles following them. With ONLY a 100 km range (60 miles), if your only using it for commuting or having fun with on the trails it's perfect, but I'll stick with my XT for the time being, at least until they give it a proper usable 300 km range and the ease of recharge you get with normal bikes.

Nice idea, needs serious refining though.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Electric SUMO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SUMO?   Electric SUMO? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:24 am

I've seen one of these in person. It looked neat. I'd love to try one. One of the local dealers is selling them. An employee of the dealer had it at the motard track one night. I was too busy playing motard to have a good look at it though.

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-s.php

I think they would be great for commuting. Awesome torque and light weight. thumb
What no one has been able to answer me on any of the electric motorcycle options is; how much use will you get out of a battery before it needs REPLACED and what the environmental impact is of that?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good start, but most things that fall under the "environmental" banner are usually poorly thought out in the big picture sense and just move the issue somewhere else. I'm looking forward one day to commuting to work on an electric motorcycle, but I'll probably stop working before that day arrives and my retirement savings are now in a similar position to most peoples in this market. wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Electric SUMO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric SUMO?   Electric SUMO? Empty

Back to top Go down

Electric SUMO?
Page 1 of 1