Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

No start.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

No start. Empty
PostSubject: No start.   No start. EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:26 pm

After trucking 2,350 km from icy frozen Ottawa to near Tampa FL, bike would not start for my first ride in nearly 10 weeks. I had charged the battery a few times. Flipped the kill switch on/off a few times, checked the side stand switch and the fuses. Had 'dash' lights, but no fuel pump and did not turn over.

Since the long trip included some snow with salty wet conditions, I worked the kill switch on/off about 15 more times. Success: fuel pump and starter, fired right up. When I get back home I'll give the kill switch a thorough cleaning...
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

No start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start.   No start. EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:31 am

Glad to see you solved the problem,,,,do you think it was just water getting into the kill switch?? I ride in the rain sometimes and i would hate to be stranded because of something like that.................Jason
Back to top Go down
weezy

No start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start.   No start. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:44 pm

this worked for me. thanks for posting. too bad i pulled off the tank, radiator and inspected every relay before trying this. poser2 budah

i only had to work the kill switch 4 or 5 times to get the pump to come on. the switch housing comes off with two screws so it's worth it to pull of and scrub it down good.
Back to top Go down
zinx

zinx

No start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start.   No start. EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm pretty happy to see a post about this. I was out riding last night and I ened up with, I think, the exact same problem. After riding for a while and having loads of fun, I climbed a pretty ganrly rock face and switched teh bike off at the top to watch/help my fellow rider. When the time came to start up my wrr it wouldn't go.

Here are the symptom:

-LCD on
-flasher lights on and work individually no problem
-brake light on

-no fuel pump sound
-headlight off
-when starting on compression, headlight comes on but there is clearly no explosion going on dow there.
-checked all fuses on the trail
-took gas tank off on trail
-took kill switch off and inspected (not sure I was thourough tough)
-inspected contacts and all the rest... didn't check relays though

I'm hoping the kill switch is the problem and it does sound like that could be my issue. Any advice or similar situations? how should I go about cleaning/fixing the kill switch?

I really want to ride this weekend...will be digging into the problem tomorrow.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
zinx

zinx

No start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start.   No start. EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Not the kill switch :(

I also swaped all the relays from my friends WRR and still nothing....

If any body can help me out here I would apreciate it.

cheers
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

No start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start.   No start. EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Did you check the switch issue described in the sticky at the top of the forum?

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5549-bike-won-t-start-try-this
Back to top Go down
zinx

zinx

No start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start.   No start. EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:23 pm

OK so I found the problem: disconnected plugg (I don't know which one exactly but it prevented the fuel tank and starter to work...). So after swapping out all the relays and pretty much everything from my friends bike on to mine to see if I could isolate the problem, I started looking around in dark corners to see if I could spot a severed wire or something. This is what I found:

No start. Photo_10

No start. Photo_11

No start. Photo_12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No start. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start.   No start. Empty

Back to top Go down

No start.
Page 1 of 1