Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rule292

Rule292

It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike? Empty
PostSubject: It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike?   It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Snowing outside, coming down with a cold but I never thought it would have affected me this way. I'm thinking about adding a... ummmm... HARLEY... to the stable. I absolutely love the WR and not that I wouldn't like to add a KTM for some more HP, I've got this need for a cruisin bike.

I don't need new and big tourers don't appeal to me. And I don't need a 110 or 103, I got a Vette to go fast when the urge hits.

So I might be in the market for paint shaker like a Softail. And they fit my requirement of something that I don't have to screw with (unlike the Harleys of the days of yore) and can provide a nice day of two-up riding. As much as I love a retro springer or Heritage Softail I'm looking at a 2009 FXSTC Softail Custom with a nice two-up king and queen seat and of course ninety six cubic inches of raw... Very happy

There seems to be quite a number of sweet deals out there for bikes and it's hard to resist adding a tourer and a sportbike to the garage now when they're cheap. Anybody else jonesing for a new bike?

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike?   It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:16 pm

so you still thinking you want a harley? you could probably find a used one for a great price and make it a project bike
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike?   It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 pm

cryptomundo wrote:

so you still thinking you want a harley? you could probably find a used one for a great price and make it a project bike

Even worse, I rode a bagger a few times and now I think I want a used Road King! I see baggers with trailer hitches and it makes me think, hmmmm I could tow my WR with a hog. wings

Like anything else, I can see that getting back into bikes last year isn't gonna be easy. I had to pretty much leave my wallet at home when the CBR250R came out since I got something for light, fun. quarter liter sport bikes.

I love dirt, like light bikes but something in an old school chopper or bagger moves me.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike?   It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 pm

The wife has me thinking about an NC700X but with a baby due in 2 months I don't think it's in the cards this year.
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike?   It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Arkmage wrote:
The wife has me thinking about an NC700X but with a baby due in 2 months I don't think it's in the cards this year.

Time for a Ural; put that bambino in the sidecar! Very happy

Just think, in no time you'll have a little riding buddy. thumb
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike?   It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Rule292 wrote:
Arkmage wrote:

Time for a Ural; put that bambino in the sidecar! Very happy

Just think, in no time you'll have a little riding buddy. thumb

If urals cost what a russian vehicle should... I'd buy one.

I'm not upset I'm having a girl... I'm upset there aren't more options for baby girl motox, mechanic, motorcycle onesies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike?   It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike? Empty

Back to top Go down

It's THAT season- anybody thinking about adding 'nothr bike?
Page 1 of 1