Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

stainless steel brake lines

Go down 
+4
ramz
Vortac
IAmABug
jason meacham
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jason meacham

jason meacham

stainless steel brake lines Empty
PostSubject: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:32 am

has anyone out there put stainless steel brake lines on ??? is it worth it?? where did you buy it and about how much??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks,,,,Jason
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:11 pm

yep yep, I am interested in this too.......

My brother did it to his DR-Z400SM and he said his braking power is 4x what it was.
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 pm

i put a goodridge front on and as long as you bleed it properly it is totally worth it. super stiff feel with no fade.
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:00 pm

I went with HEL; excellent feel and instant stops, if you want:
Front brake line <-- linky

I got the length I wanted - shorter than stock so the brake line loop doesn't stick up too high.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:41 pm

I too got the HEL lines. Good stuff. Sadly, I got stock length so I've got a decent loop over the headlight... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:35 pm

I run the HEL too and they definitely are a lot more responsive. Got the same color to match the bike. thumb

PostSubject: Re: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:22 pm

ramz wrote:
I got the length I wanted - shorter than stock so the brake line loop doesn't stick up too high.

1. how much shorter then stock is it?

2. doesn't it bined when the front is fully extended?

thanks
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:13 pm

80 wrote:
1. how much shorter then stock is it?
2. doesn't it bined when the front is fully extended?
The length of my brake line is exactly the amount needed such that the front brake does not activate when the forks are fully extended. Thus, there is no 'bined' going on.

The following items affect how short the brake line can be:
* the height of the forks in the triple clamps (mine is not stock).
* the length of the forks, fully extended.
* brake line routing (my routing is not stock).
* brake master cylinder location on the handlebars. The location of my master cylinder is affected by the Easton EXP 1 3/8 handlebars which have a very long straight section for mounting components, the location of the components on the handlebar and where the master cylinder is placed in the sequence, and the higher-than-stock handlebar ends.

The length I'm using will most probably not work for anyone else's WRR. You'll have to measure your own setup to get the length that works for your WRR.
Back to top Go down
Driftns2k

PostSubject: Re: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:46 am

S does anyone know the length I should be ordering for a bone stock wrx?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stainless steel brake lines   stainless steel brake lines Empty

Back to top Go down

stainless steel brake lines
Page 1 of 1