Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV

Go down 
+3
Coop
IdahoRenegade
Midnite171
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV Empty
PostSubject: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey guys! I know Rocky Mountain ATV is supposed to be a first class company, but I want to tell you my first (and possibly my last) experience with them. I just ordered a new rear sprocket (Blue Supersprox 48t) and chain (Gold DID 520 X-RING) and had problems. This is the email I just finished sending them which explains my frustration;

Hello, my name is Randy and my customer number is: XXXXXXX

I just finished placing an order from your website, (order # XXXXXXX) and I have to tell that normally I am not a person to complain but it was a very frustrating experience. The website was extremely slow which I understand how the internet works and you may have had a lot of traffic so it may have been slowed down because of it. There was no problem with my service as all the other sites I was on were fast. Secondly, and more importantly, when I finally went to place my order and paid with my Paypal, as soon as I logged into Paypal and hit "pay now", I was brought back to your website, where I had the message that the site was down for maintenance and to check back soon. In the middle of my transaction! I then had to check and re-check with Paypal to see if my account got charged. It seemed like it didn't so after a few more minutes, I went back to your site and saw my items still in my cart so I proceeded again to checkout, again. Finally, it went through and my Paypal was charged. AND THEN,,, when I went to check on the status of my order, it said that there was a problem with it!!! It seems like the items that I ordered, although under each item, it said that it was in stock, in fact had "5 in stock" it seems like the problem with my order is that they were actually NOT in stock and have to be back ordered. Frustrating because had I known they were not in stock I would have ordered elsewhere.

In closing if you could please tell me the status of my order, if it went through, if it went through twice, if my items are actually in stock and when I could be expecting my order, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Randy
Back to top Go down
IdahoRenegade

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:42 pm

I had a similar issue once, got an error message when I placed an order and I wasn't sure if it took. Dropped them an email and it was straightened right out, and I had the order in hand in 3 days. In spite of that, I consider their service excellent.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 am

I have used RMATV a lot over the years and have never had a single bad experience. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:34 am

Why would you try to force through an order when you've gotten a warning message that the site is under maintenance?

If I were you I'd call them directly and speak to somebody in person.

I'd bet they'd get things straightened out quickly.

I've ordered multiple times through them and never had any issues.

You got some serious warning signs and ignored them.

If all other internet sites were fine, but RMATV was slow there's warning sign one.
"Site down for maintenance" was a huge number two.

Give them a call. My bet is they work with you to get things straight.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 am

Well, yes the site was very slow and again I just thought they had a lot of traffic and sites can get slowed down for other reasons. After the "site down for maintenance" message, I waited about 15 minutes and went back and the site was back up and running fast. Maybe they just had to re-boot the server or something. I surfed on their site for about 10 more minutes before I checked out my items. All seemed fine by that point. It wasn't until after I completed my order when I saw the "there is a problem with your order, please contact us" message. I looked at my order details and it said that message again with another one after it that said "your items are not in stock and are back -ordered and will be shipped when items are back in stock". And like I said, under the items that I odered it had a big "5+ in stock". Just frustrating, seeing that it's going to be in the 60's by the end of this week and I wanted my new stuff by then. Waaaah!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:56 am

Okay.... I see your frustration.

I'd still call them directly.

I have to think they'll work with you to make you feel better about the whole thing.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:08 am

My guess is that their inventory system was not back online yet when the website came back up.

But seriously though. Before you start posting angry stuff in forums you should call a vendor or in the very least give them some time to respond to your e-mail.

Everyone has technical problems now and then. It's how a company deals with them (when given a fair chance) that should upset you.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:07 am

Arkmage wrote:

But seriously though. Before you start posting angry stuff in forums you should call a vendor or in the very least give them some time to respond to your e-mail.

Everyone has technical problems now and then. It's how a company deals with them (when given a fair chance) that should upset you.

thumb
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Well, I will hand it to Rocky Mountain ATV to rectifying my situation, although it was even more of a pain in butt than it should have been. I was not slamming them, just letting you guys know what happened.

So, they ended up returning my email first thing this morning apologizing for my frustration. thumb Although the problem with my order was listed as "out of stock items", in the email it was explained that the items WERE in stock and the actual reason there was a "problem with order" was that the chain I ordered was a rivet type and they wanted to notify me of that and suggest that I also buy a master link. ALTHOUGH in the description of the chain, it's states that a master link WAS included. scratch Ok, so the email also stated that if I give them the go ahead, they will send a master link for $6.99. I told them, ok, go ahead and attach that item to my order. I then got an email stating that I would need to use my Paypal and send them $7.99 along with my order number to complete the order. So, I had to send another email asking why the $7.99 and not the $6.99 like I was told. I also asked about the "master link included" on the chain description. deal I got an email back stating that the $6.99 that was quoted in the earlier email was wrong and they are actually $7.99. :hmmm: And no mention of the master link that was supposed to be included. baldy Anyway, I ordered 2 master links, Paypal'd them the money, and my order was then completed and is marked as shipped. cheers

I will probably buy from them again because there was quick communication between us and the problem was eventually solved. But come on, it was definitely a bigger pain in the ass than it should have been.
Back to top Go down
alansz400

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 pm

I have bought stuff from RM for 10 years and never had a problem. I ordered some preprinted graphics for my sons dirt bike last year and I wanted his name on the side # plates and they put it on the front # plate, not a big deal but I emailed them and told them about it. They said they would make me a new set asap. Well a week went by and still no graphics so I emailed them and they said the order got lost. They ask me if shipping the new graphics and refunding my $ would be ok? I said sure. 2 sets of graphics for free cant beat that. Very happy Alan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV   Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV Empty

Back to top Go down

Major frustrating experience with Rocky Mountain ATV
Page 1 of 1